Chapter 2

"VERT WHEELER!" Someone yelled.

The Wave Rippers theme is heard playing from an alarm clock.

Vert wakes up out of surprise. He looks around. The same purple room that he's been in before. It was all a dream. He then saw the scientist and an X-88 drone.

"Vert Wheeler. Your father would like to see you in his office. Please eat and prepare yourself as necessary." The X-88 drone said.

Vert looked on. "What could dad want?" He thought.

"He knows I'm not going to help him. So what is it?" He continued.

Vert had already established this the day he found out the leader of the Silencerz was his dad.

4 Days Ago

"Son, we need to talk." Major Jack Wheeler said to his son Vert.

"Dad?" Vert said, a look of shock on his face.

"I know it's a lot to take in all at once. So I can understand if you're-"

"I-I don't understand. You're working for the Silencerz? Why?" Vert said, confused.

"I don't work for them son. I'm the leader." His dad said.

"What!?"

"I was hoping that something like this would never happen. Where I'd have to tell you what I was really doing when I was called up."

"You were here. Racing in the realms." He said, looking at his dad now, everything coming to him. "And when the drones infiltrated the Acceldrome. I needed to stop Gelorum but there were drones blocking the track. A Silencer cleared it out. That was you." He said, recognizing the car.

Jack nodded. "I wish I could have been there to help you more but-"

"Help me? Dad you could have been helping all of us stop the drones! We could have been working together!"

"That just wouldn't have worked Vert. And you only have Dr. Tezla to blame." Jack said.

"That's why you told me to quit racing." Vert said lower. His realizations had started to turn into anger. "You wanted to get rid of the competition!" He said, looking at his dad again, pointing at him accusingly.

"I wanted you to quit because I didn't want you to be involved in their street racing. To get caught up and then have your life ruined. But then when I found out the Teku were in the realms, I wanted you to quit because I didn't want you to get hurt or worse because of Tezla's personal exploits."

"Personal exploits? Funny you say that when the Silencerz have been stealing technology from him." Vert said.

"Who told you that? Dr. Tezla?" He sighs and then curses under his breath. "This is exactly why I didn't want you involved in this. What he told you was a lie. No telling how many other times he's lied to you." Jack said. "He stole technology from us." Vert folded his arms after his dad said this, looking forward to hearing what he had to say. "What you called 'Gig' was an X-88 drone that he stole and attempted to reprogram." Jack sneered a little. "What he failed to realize was that X-88 drones are built to resist any type of reprogramming."

"That's why the Accelechargers weren't working. He was switching them out with the fakes." Vert said, remembering that Wylde suspected there was a spy.

Vert unfolded his arms. "But that's still not much of a reason to trust you. You lied to me dad! You turned my friends against each other! You tried to hurt them!"

"We weren't trying to hurt them son." Jack said, trying to get his son to understand that what he believed they were doing was right.

"Yeah, tell that to Taro in the Ice and Pipeline Realms. And when you guys hit my car with an EMP in the Junk Realm." Vert said.