Chapter 7

A/N: Next chapter is here everyone! Even if the updates are slow, they're there.

ZaineRaye(Wattpad): Already addressed it in a reply but I want to go further detail into this. As much as I would like to work on this more, with school now in session, updating as often as I used to(which was everyday or every 2 days) is very unlikely. The other stories I have that are also in progress are another story(no pun intended) but that's not a factor. This still would be the case regardless of if I was just doing this one only. I promised I would finish it but I did not say when or how long it would take for it to be done. Not just for this, but for all of my stories. While I appreciate you for liking the story, I would ask you and all others that are waiting for updates on stories to be patient. Again, unless stated in the title or description, none of my stories are on hiatus or dead. I'd rather have one good update once a month rather than an update every single day that isn't my best writing. It would be a disservice to you and myself if I did the latter. And this goes both ways as a reader and a writer. The same quality that I want to see out of some of the best stories is the same quality I want to bring to my stories.

Vert was at the skate park, deciding to go skateboarding as it was something that hasn't been able to do for a while. He put his skateboard down and got on it. While starting off slow at first, he was able to get into a rhythm or a "groove" as Tone would say. This caught the attention of some of the other skateboarders and spectators. Eventually, he stopped and called it a day.

One of the skateboarders walked up to Vert. He was a biracial teen. His hair was in cornrows, and he had on a yellow shirt. On the shirt was a picture of some sort of thunderstorm happening in an unknown location.

"Hey man, those were some sick moves." The teen said.

"Thanks." Vert said, giving a bit of a grin before getting ready to walk away.

"Moves like that, I'm surprised you're packing it in now. You looked like you could do that forever." The teen said.

"Yeah. Just a little tired is all. Calling it quits for the day." Vert said.

But in reality, that wasn't the case. He was bored out of his mind. It's been 17 days since he returned home. But for him, it felt like it was way longer than that. More like 17 months. He thought skateboarding, something that he loved doing, again would make him feel better. But it didn't. It just didn't feel the same without Alec there with him. And while it was great to know he was okay, he still was nowhere to be found in the skating rink due to him being with the Silencerz.

Vert returns home and glances at his purple motorcycle before going in. He thought about turning on the TV but decided against it. He could only sigh. He got Reverb back. He got to go home. And he got to see his friends again. And while those things were great, they came with some negatives that Vert did not want to have to deal with. And he couldn't go street racing either. Things have slowed down a bit in that area.

He saw a picture of his dad. He stared at it for a bit before deciding to go take Reverb out for a drive. He goes to open the door to walk out but was surprised to have been greeted by one of the last people he would expect to be at the front door of his house. Even if they were on the same racing team.

It was Karma.

"Karma? What are you doing here?" Vert asked, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"I just came here to check on you is all." Karma said before adding more to explain herself. "I know the time in the Silencerz base must have been a lot for you."

"Yeah." Vert said, thinking about his father. While he was talking, a spider-like creature was crawling. It crawled under Vert's car. It was about to latch onto it, but before it did, it noticed something else that was pink and silver in a ball-like form latched onto it. Instead of latching onto Vert's car, it latched onto the object. While it became black and green at first, its normal colors were restored. The spider-like creature was nowhere to be found. "So how's the rest of the team doing? You heard anything from Kurt?" Vert asked, wanting to change the subject.