Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. Period. Also I don't own Monopoly.

Warning: Bad language, as always. But then again, they are in detention now.

"Shikamaru, why are ya gaping like a fish?" Naruto cheekily slapped him across the back. "That's how you catch flies, they fly into your mouth! At least that's what Iruka-sensei said the last time I fell asleep in cla-," Naruto paused mid-sentence. 

A faint rumbling noise began to sound in the background.

But, he didn't seem to take notice, as Shikamaru watched Naruto's eyes catch sight of the new girl before it flickered back to him. Then at the girl again. Then back at him again. A disgusting smile spread across Naruto's face as he began to unsuccessfully giggle. Thankfully, the girl had already walked past them in the aisle and settled in the very back seats with the guy with the purple makeup.

"YOU LI-"

He was interrupted by the now deafening rumbling noise that seemed to increase in volume from down the hallway. Shikamaru wasn't sure which would be more troublesome: Naruto thinking that he actually liked this new girl (which isn't true, just to make things clear) or that the cause of this stampede of elephants was-

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT THAT WE'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR DETENTION SAKURA."

"IF YOU WEREN'T SO BUSY TRYING TO ASK SASUKE-KUN OUT ON A DATE WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS ISSUE."

The two girls pushed back and forth at each other in the hallways, struggling to be the first one in Kakashi-sensei's class. It didn't really matter who entered first to be honest, though, since they're arriving at the same time anyways. Shikamaru lazily picked at a piece of rice that had dried up on the edge of his shirt.

Ino and Sakura were now both caught in the doorway, neither one willing to make room for the other to pass. 

"UGH IT'S NOT LIKE SASUKE-KUN IS YOUR BOYFRIEND ANYWAYS. STOP BEING SO OVERPROTECTIVE."

A vein popped out of Sakura's forehead, and just as she opened her mouth to retort, Kakashi-sensei appeared before them. In the words of Naruto, "NINJA MOVES *cue swooshy noises*".

Kakashi-sensei picked up the two of them by their shirt collars with ease and plopped them on their feet on the classroom floor. Patting their heads, he said, "Let's worry about more important things, like detention." He pointed a finger towards the empty desks in his classroom. "Take a seat and let's get started."

Ino and Sakura begrudgingly began walking to take a seat, until they realized that they were going for the same seat. They shot each other an offended look, then turned the opposite direction to sit at the desks that were on either side of the original desk, leaving the one desk in between them empty. Shikamaru finally successfully picked off the piece of rice and flicked it in a random direction. Yep, these two were more troublesome. They had a good memory, unlike Naruto.

Kakshi-sensei was back in his desk in no time, reading a book that Shikamaru was pretty sure was against school rules. He even had earbuds in, clearly uninterested in actually supervising detention. 

Shikamaru just slumped into a random desk nearby and put his head down. As long as nothing too eventful or troublesome happened during detention today, he might be able to enjoy a nice nap without interruption.

"So," a voice said seductively from next to him. "Whatcha doin'?" A puff of air blew into his ear. Shikamaru sat up faster than the time his mom found out he paid their five year old neighbor to do his art project, slapping his hand over the ear that had just been assaulted. 

"Naruto, that's disgusting what the fuck."

Said person cackled with delight. "No it's not!" he sniggered. "You have no idea how many guys fall for that here!" A light suddenly lit up in his eyes. "There was one time I did it to Sasuke and YOU'LL NEVER IMAGINE WHAT HIS RESPONSE WAS. But he beat me up after that..." Naruto looked down dejectedly. "... and he made me promise not to tell anyone..." He wiped away a fake tear.