Its my year Henderson

"EDDIE? EDDIE!" Dustin was yelling, his ankle hurt like hell but he ignored it, running after Eddie.

A sob tore from his throat as he rounded the corner after Eddie. He was on the ground, demobats tearing into the flesh on his stomach, arms, legs, and face. There was blood. So much blood. And then suddenly, the bats dropped dead. Dustin didn't give it any thought, he would do that later.

Dustin nelt at Eddies side. "Eddie? Eddie please talk to me."

"I didn't run this time did I?"

Tears were streaming down Dustins face. "No. No you didn't."

Eddie laughed weakly. "I told you Henderson, my year." Dustin shook his head and Eddie continued. "I'm graduating."

"Eddie no. No, don't say that."

"It's ok Henderson, I got to be the hero."

Dustin shakes his head and Eddie brings a hand up, untying the black bandana from his head. The same bandana he usually kept tucked in his back pocket. He winced in pain but managed to get it off of his head. He took off all his rings, placed them carefully in the bandana, and then tied it so they wouldn't fall out. He handed it to Dustin.

"Give this to Harrington for me will you? Tell him Buckley will know what it means."

"No Eddie we're gonna get you out of here and you'll be able to give it to Steve yourself."

Eddie smiled. His entire body was covered in blood and open wounds but he smiled. "No. I won't. Please give it to him for me. And here," he took off his necklace with his guitar pick on it and handed that to Dustin as well. "This is for you Henderson."

"No Eddie please."

Eddie's eyes went blank. His breathing stopped. No this couldn't be happening. Eddie Munson couldn't be dead. The guy Dustin looked up to, who he saw as his older brother/mentor/father figure. Dustin sat there and cried and cried and cried until he regained himself enough to make it back through the portal. He walked to Steve's house, the meeting point, and sat on the steps. He pulled his knees up to his chest and waited and hoped everyone else made it back.