Teach Me?

Steve's POV

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

I groan at the sound of my alarm, knowing that I have to get up. I roll out of bed and put my feet on the floor, hissing at the coldness of it. I get up and begin to get ready for the day.

Yesterday, I asked Dustin to meet me at Family Video during my shift. He seemed confused because normally I tell him not to come.  I never get any work done when he's there. I need Dustin to teach me how to play DnD. I have to know why Eddie likes it so much.

*Time Skip*

I stock the shelves at Family Video, nervously waiting for Dustin to show up. I know he is going to be confused. He is going to make me explain why I need to learn how to play, which in all honesty, I don't want to tell him.

"Steve?" I hear from the front.

"Yeah! Back here!" I say. I hear his quick foot steps and my anxiety builds. I am really nervous to ask him.

"Hey. What did you need?"

"Canyouteachmehowtoplaydnd?" I mutter as fast as possible.

" I am gonna be honest with you... I have no idea what you just said."

"Can you teach me how to play dnd?" I whisper. He immediately gets a confused look on his face.

"Yeah... but why the sudden interest?" he questions. Dammit. I knew this was gonna happen.

"I-I... I need to know so I can ask Eddie if I can join Hellfire" I stutter. His face contorts to a look of shock.

"You, Steve Harrington, golden boy of Hawkins High, wants to join Hellfire?"

"Yeah, it isn't a big deal. So, are you gonna teach me or what?" I say starting to get anxious once again.

"Isn't a big deal?! Are you kidding me right now, Steve?! This is a huge deal! Do you realize that the members of hellfire are the designated misfits of Hawkins High? It's like you are begging to get made fun of... " Dustin rambles.

I already know what he is saying. I have already thought about it. I am willing to sacrifice my social status to hang out with Eddie. Even if he never likes me back. I just need to be near him. More than anything.

"I know!" I cut off his rant. "I know all of that already!"

"Then why are you so willing to throw it all away?!" he yells back.

"BECAUSE I LIKE EDDIE OKAY?!" I scream.

"Holy shit."