I Wanna be Normal

Lily's POV~

Lucky me, I had Zayn, so when we found a credit card for ME, it was a sinch to crack the password. And now we were kicked back in a hotel room. And I wasn't 100 content.

"Harry" I groaned rubbing my temples. "Someone else is going to die"

"Who?" he wondered.

I sat down on the couch beside him. Zayn had already turned in.

"I don't know" I pulled my feet up on the couch. "But not one of us"

"You mean one of the other half of the flock?" he casually put an arm around my shoulders.

"No" I shrugged. "Like and enemy...but an enemy on our side"

"That's and oxymoron" he smirked.

"Tell the vision, not me" I rolled my eyes.

Smiling, he pulled me close to him. "How do you fell?"

"What?" I asked confused.

"How do you feel?" he repeated. "About being free, being away from the others, being a mutant?"

"I don't know" I admitted, snuggling into him. "In one way, I'm glad we're free. But we're not. Not for awhile. We're fugitives. On the run. We could get caught any second, and each time we get captured, security is tightened. I knew coming to Texas was where I was supposed to come, but I miss the lock. And as far as mutant? I wish I were normal. I wish I didn't have wings. I wish I could have a loving family and sleepovers and a LIFE. Right now I feel like Jannnice is in my way from that"

"Lily, I love you for you" Harry slipped his hand in mine. "Wings and all"

I smiled. "But...I don't know" I frowned. "I guess if I got my wings clipped, I'd still have avian DNA..."

"Just embrace who you are" Harry kissed my cheek.

Then one of his speckles wings slipped behind me and warmth overtook my whole body. I curled up beside him so I could be completely covered.

"I love you" he wrapped his other wing around me, so I was under his whole 16 foot wingspan.

"I love you, too"

He leaned down and our lips brushed across each other's, then h gently locked his lips on mine.

An even warmer feeling gushed over me, and I tilted my head to kiss him better while clutching his shirt.

"Lily" he moaned.

"Harry" i squeezed him harder.

His strong arm pulled me close and tighter against him until I was actually in his lap. Once we were back a part, panting, I hugged him tightly.

"Thanks for sticking by me" I whispered.

"I'll always stick by you" he said.

"Even when I change?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of 'course" he smiled softly.

"All I know is, it's a bad change" I said quietly. "Bad and permanent"

"I'm on your side no matter what, Lily" his wings closed around me firmly, and he put his legs around me.

I was so drenched in his love, and I never wanted out.

"Harry, you stole my heart" I said, listening to his heart.

He stroked my head gently. "You stole mine first, Babe"

I nuzzled my head in his chest. His wings made it dark around me, except when I looked into his beautiful face.

We both sat there quietly, holding onto each other. Zayn's soft snores floated in from the other room, setting off a trance of peace.