Jimmy Darling - intoxicated

( Quick A/N: hi lol, I know. I've been gone for like awhile... and I said I would update every week, which I truly planned on doing. Sorry, I know. I suck at updating. But around a year ago whenever I planned to put out parts regularly. My dad came down with cancer again, so I was kinda dealing with that for awhile. But don't worry he is all good and well. In fact he is on vacation with me right now. He is going in for a check up on the 13th and after that he will be retiring from his job. So I believe I can get my schedule back on track. I will certainly be trying to update regularly but I won't make any promises since it is clear I'm not very good at keeping them. But anyways, I'm glad to be back and I hope you all are happy to see me. Please enjoy this short jimmy fic. :) )

Oneshot - You can't seem to get Jimmy out of your mind. Little do you know, he might be stuck in a similar situation.

Jimmy. Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy.

That's the only words your mind can comprehend lately. No matter what you are doing or saying, it always leads back to him. Whether you like it or not.

It's absolutely infuriating. Intoxicating even. You want to think about anyone. Anything else. But clearly it just isn't possible. Not when he looks like that anyway. Or when he's so sweet your teeth could rot. Or when he-

"Y/n!"

"Sorry, what?" You look up to see those brown eyes you've been fantasizing about all day.

"I've called your name about twenty times now." He rolls his eyes, although you know he doesn't mean it by the small smile on his face. "Sorry, what were you saying?" You ask, you full attention now on him. Although it is arguable that it already was.

"It's alright darlin' , I was just saying how the food around here is getting rather boring. Wanna hit the diner?"

You almost think he's asking you on a date, but you avoid asking on the slim chance of embarrassing yourself. "Sure." A small smile spreads across you face.

"Great." As soon as the word leaves his lips he's on his feet. Taking your hand in his, and jogging off to his motorbike. "Oh, you mean right now?" You question, obviously not expecting to go so soon.

"Yeah. Why? You got plans?" He asks. Only half joking. You pretend to think about it. You know, to keep him on his toes. After a short while you finally give him the answer he's awaiting. "Nope. Let's go."

The ride there is short lived but very enjoyable none the less. At least it's an excuse to wrap your arms around him. Once there he hops off first and offers you a hand, being the gentleman that he is.

You get in and order your food, you're sit at a booth in the corner. There's a long silence between the two of you. Not awkward though. It's never awkward between you and Jimmy. Perhaps that is why your brain can't seem get enough of him. It is more of a comfortable silence.

Right when he is about to break that particular silence your server is there with your food. Even after she leaves he doesn't say whatever he was going to. You suppose the moment has just passed.

After you have a few laughs. Even cracking a witty 'insult' here and there, and the laughter dies down he looks at you with soft eyes. You don't know why but you have a feeling he's going to say what he seems to have been dying to all afternoon.

After what feels like forever, he speaks up.

"This is a date... Right?"

There's a few beats before you answer.

"Yeah. It is."

( A/N part 2: I don't really like how I ended this but I couldn't think of much else to do with it. And I wish it was longer but I feel like if I went on any more the sentences would start to feel forced. Anyway, so glad I could finally get a new chapter out and I hope you liked it. I've been dying to write about Jimmy. I hope I did him justice. ❤️ )