𝔢𝔭𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔡𝔢 𝔦.

cross academy at a glance is just a normal school, but for the more privileged of course

cross academy at a glance is just a normal school, but for the more privileged of course. when you actually attend the academy that is when you learn there is more to learn about the place. there's this odd and very unique separation of day and night classes

the idea of students sleeping during the day and attending classes at night was such a strange and interesting concept when you first learned about it.

you were curious about it and even had the intentions of joining the other students but homework and the need to study to catch up with the rest of your classmates just took up too much time and you soon lost interest to even bother finding out more.

that is until this very moment, uncomfortably squished between other students that screamed their lungs out.

your friend had forcibly dragged you out of the library and into this crowd of hormonal teenage high schoolers that were a little too unhealthily obsessed with the students from the night class.

you were ready to both throw hands and collapse into a ball of anxiety.

"why am i here? why do i exist?" you settle with questioning your existence as you dig your hands into the pockets of your skirt for comfort.

your friend rolls her eyes, muttering something along the lines of you being dramatic.

you're ready to just end your friendship right then and there.

mainly because you're petty and not because your feelings are actually hurt.

but you don't because high school would be pointless if you couldn't graduate with someone you tolerate.

okay so maybe you are a bit dramatic...

let's get back on track of creepily fawning over your fellow classmates who attend the night class.

you don't really look at any of their faces, sidetracked too busy debating whether or not you were envious or relieved that they were the ones wearing the white uniforms.

Huh the colors in the opposite way kind of reminded you of zebras but that was a quite the stretch of a comparison.

your attention is brought back to the students themselves when you see a very tall, beautiful red headed guy with nicely slicked back hair.

your heart melts.

what can you say, you have a soft spot for red heads.

somebody elbows you in the ribs and you scowl in irritation. you tilt your head back and glare at the unapologetic teen that had snapped you out of your apparent trance.

"keep your elbows to yourself." you spit with venom.

they finally seem to notice you and glare back, although you are pretty sure they had in fact noticed you and had purposely elbowed you to get your attention on them. that's just how they were when they wanted to be noticed.

"watch where you're standing then." they spit right back with the same amount of animosity.

"I would scream FIGHT ME but I'm too lazy to lift my arms to throw a punch. so instead, give me your lunch money and i'll show mercy and forgive your rude attitude." you look at the annoyed silver haired teen with your palm facing up in expectation.

"are you really trying to bully me for money?" he looks annoyed and confused. it's easily the funniest "idk how to react" faces you have seen from him so far.

you ugly snort, "no i'm kindly asking for compensation for my ribs."

"not my fault you have faulty ribs." he digs his hands into his pockets and his pretty silver eyes trail away from you.

"just buy me bread from the cafeteria tomorrow or something, zero." you sigh tiredly at the stubborn boy.

"you didn't bring money for lunch and now you're trying to bully me into buying it for you?" his eyes are back on you and he smirks smugly.

"bish, you get food for free! just give me a little of your money and i'll pay you back." you poke his chest pretending to be annoyed when in actuality feeling amused at where this banter has lead.

zero is such a fun guy to mess with and you wouldn't trade this friendship for anything.

"you still haven't given me money for last time!" he points out with a confident grin.

"i did too! I took you to the arcade and gave you money!" you rebuttal with your own confident grin.

"wait, that's why you gave me money?!" zero's face scrunches up and goes through different stages of betrayal.

the disbelief followed by the quick realization that you are in fact the type of person to do that. he had genuinely thought you weren't that bad when you gave him the money to play a few games that he had wanted to play. he hadn't even questioned the amount you had given him being too caught off guard by your surprising act of kindness.

"fine!" zero covers his face with embarrassment and pushes through the crowd aggressively.

"what a dork." you mumble with an affectionate smile at what you can only assume is going through zero kiryu's head.

as yuki shouts in the background you decide that you should start making time to come to this, whatever this is, more often just to mess with zero and maybe catch more glimpses of the tall red head in the night class.