Chapter 2 Leo's POV:

I walk to "her" room and stop for a moment. I haven't been in here for decades. I try not to think about it but the tears slip by. I start remembering all the memories I had with her. Then I snap back into reality and find some clothes for the kid. I finally walk out of the room and start to head to the bathroom. I see the kid chattering. She looks at me and asks "May I have the clothing, please?" I hand her the clothing and leave the bathroom.

She soon comes out changed and smelling a lot better than recently. "Thank you for taking care of me! But I'm pretty sure you don't want me here anymore." She says. I look at her confused and then say, "Where are you going to go? You said you live in the woods! You're just going to get dirty again. Then, your hair's going to get nappy again!" "I just kind of got the idea you didn't want me here anymore," she says sadly. "Why would you pick up on that, kid?" I say.

"Well, usually nobody wants me around. I'm seen as an outcast. Mainly because I come from a powerful witch known by all. My mother was powerful, she was seen as a good witch. She was faking her act though turns out she was planning something big but was soon executed for it." I look at Moss trying to grasp the information I was just told. "Kid, you're telling me your mom was the most famous witch in our country, are you sure about that?" I say.

"Yes! I am positive if you want me to prove it to you I can." She announces. "Alright kid, prove it to me," I say. Moss gets her staff and starts performing magic. "I'm not convinced show me your coven mark," I announce. She pulls up her sleeves and shows the mark. "You've finally convinced me, kid," I say.

So the kid is the daughter of the famous witch. Interesting to say the least. "Kid, listen I want you to stay here and do "why" because I am not going to let you go back to that swamp!" I say. "Alright!" She says enthusiastically. By the time I'm done talking to Moss, the sun was setting. I start to figure out where I'm going to let her sleep.

I take her to her new bedroom. I notice how she's looking around like she has never seen the new technology we have now. "Wow! I have never seen tech get this good!" She exclaims. She jumps onto her bed. "Alright kid, have great dreams,"

I start heading to my bedroom. I lay and my bed and try to shut off my brain. But for some reason, I can't seem to shut it off and instead start thinking about my daughter. I begin seeing memories being formed in my brain. Memories of my daughter and wife.

Some minutes later, I finally fell asleep. I wake up at most likely 3 am to Moss staring at me. "I can't sleep, Leo." She says. "Have you tried?" I say. "Yes, I have, I just couldn't get comfortable." She informs. "Well, that's no reason to bother me," I mumble. "I also saw something staring at me and got scared and came in here!" She says with a frightened expression. "You're just tired, no one dares to go past the gates!" I exclaim.

"I swear I saw something! My windows are open and I saw a figure looking at me!" She proclaimed. "Would it make you feel better if I looked?" I ask. She nods and I sigh as I get up. I go to her room and look around. Once I'm done looking and I tell her that there was nothing. She gets in her bed and falls asleep. I head to my bedroom and also get into my bed and fall asleep. I get up in the middle of the day and head to my kitchen and start making some soup. In the corner of my eye, I see Moss walk-in rubbing her eyes. "Morning, kid" I put two bowls of soup down on the table. "Morning, Leo!" She sits down and starts chowing down the soup rapidly. I sit down and slurp down elegantly. "Done!" She announces. "Alright kid," I say. I finish my soup and get up.

"You are going to come with me. We are going to get your hair professionally dreaded. It will be easier to maintain than your poofy hair. I will also take you shopping so we can get you some clothes." I proclaim.