nine

• nine letters

Satoru opened the door to his apartment, and Utahime followed him. It was the first time she's going to stay for a few days in his apartment. Once in the past, she did visit here, but left after a few hours.

It has been a few months since they've dated. They went out to date a couple of times throughout those months. He'd go to Kyoto and they'll go somewhere or just stay at her house.

It felt normal. Dating him felt right. She really couldn't understand how she views this relationship. There were arguments, yes. Small fights because he was messing with her. And also big fights. The biggest one they had was probably when Satoru was in a bad mood. He doesn't want to talk to her, but she's afraid that he'll bottle it all up.

Just like that, weeks flew by them.

Utahime followed Satoru to his room. He put her suitcase neatly on the side while she sat down on her white bed.

"Do you want me to put your clothes in the closet?"

She noticed how he has a very light vibe. "Are you enjoying this?"

"Maybe. It feels like you're moving in."

What a sappy man.

"Do you want me to?"

"Sure. When will the rest of your things get here?"

Utahime fell on her back. She felt tired already. Her feet was still on the floor since only half of her body was laying. The bed just looked so inviting. It will feel lonely if no one laid on it. Her dark hair sprawled against the fluffy pillows. Her hair color comtrasted against the light-colored pillows.

"Stop joking."

Satoru left the suitcase alone and decided to join her on the bed. He lifted her feet of the floor and put it on his lap. His fingers lightly tapped on her leg. To her, the bed looked inviting. To him, Utahime looked inviting.

"I'm not joking. Let's plan the details."

"No, Satoru."

"Aw," he whined and tapped her leg a little faster. "Come on, come on! It'll be fun, I swear."

"What's with you and me moving in?" She caught his hand drumming on her leg to stop it. "Are you lonely here?"

"If I say yes, will you live here?"

Utahime retreated her legs and sat up. "You are unbelievable."

"Thank you, how kind of you." She kicked his side as response. His infinity was off. Almost every time they're with each other, it's off. Only when she's throwing things at him is when it's on.

"I was just really worried, you know," he confessed. The atmosphere in his room suddenly turned somber when the incident slid in their conversation. Utahime didn't want to bring it up as she was bit ashamed.

Those thoughts of her being weak and being with the strongest sorcerer rushed inside her head again. It's a dizzying set of thoughts. She pushed herself to look at the ceiling instead, unable to look at the man blessed with cursed techniques that are both powerful and graceful to observe. He was a fascinating man. A man who became the strongest since he was a teen.

And what was she?

On top of not being in a honorable and famous lineage, there she was just the day before, succumbing to the icky cursed spirit.

"I felt like I was going to faint but couldn't." Utahime shared despite the screams of her mind of her insecurities.

"How are you feeling now? Should I call Shoko?" Satoru's fingers crawled towards her own. It looked silly, his hand looking like a many-legged insect just making its way to her merrily. With a swift movement, his hand intertwined with Utahime's hands.