-Chapter 6-

Next thing I know he had reached out to me and pulled me into him...
                      •THE CONTINUATION•

I was enveloped in a hug that was not too tight and not too loose, it was just right. I couldn't believe that he was actually hugging me. After a few seconds he pulled away and said "I'm sorry but I have been wanting to do that for the longest time." I simply blushed and said "it is quite alright. You are the sweetest."  After our little moment together we both began to gather our things and walk out of his room. We both didn't want to look suspicious of anything. Earlier that morning  while Bradley and I were talking he had asked about the stereotype of nurses or doctors falling in love with their patients. I explained that it was common and sometimes known as the "Florence Nightingale effect" which means that caregivers or someone in the medical field sometimes develops feelings romantically or sexually towards their patients. He then said "oh okay I gotcha. I was just curious if there were any stats or anything like that on it." I said "yeah, it's quite frankly frowned upon especially if the patient is someone who is going to be in the hospital for a while too." He then said "what about my situation then?" I smirked and said "I think that we are perfectly in the clear Mr. Bradshaw." He then said "well that is just perfect then" with a big grin on his face.

As Bradley and I were walking down the hallway of the hospital we passed by the nurse's station where Josie sat. After walking past her I saw her out of the corner of my eye get up and peek over the counter so she could watch us walk down the hallway to the entrance. I know she was trying to sneak a glance at Maverick. When I get back in I will definitely have to aggravate her about it.

Once Bradley and I made it to the front entrance of the medical center Maverick was already parked and waiting for us. He said with a laugh "Look at you Rooster looking all shiny and new." Bradley smirked and said "I am aren't I. Well I wouldn't be looking like this without the help from Nurse Courtney." I smiled and said "it wasn't all me, but thank you." While Maverick walked around the truck to start it I opened the passenger door for Bradley. He then turned around and gave my hand a squeeze and said "Thanks for everything. Be on the lookout for a text from me tonight. Bye Sweet Thang." He then hopped up into the truck and rolled the window down. I said to him " You are very welcome. Oh yes sir I'm looking forward to it. Bye Bradley" I then waved to him. He and Maverick both waved back before driving away and out of the parking lot.

I then turned back around and started making my way back inside. I walked back over to the nurses station and took a seat next to Michelle. She said that Josie had to go drop off some medication with a patient and then she would be back. Michelle spun in her chair and turned to me before saying "so did you give him those digits?" I giggled and said "Michelle can't you wait until Josie gets back before I spill the tea." She crossed her arms and said "okay okay I can wait. Josie better step on it though." 5 minutes later Josie got back to where we were and Michele goes "thank goodness your here Courtney wasn't going tell me anything until you got back." Josie said "see what a good friend. Well I'm here now so spill everything to us missy." As I sat in the chair both girls leaned forward in their seats getting ready to listen.

                         -Time Jump-
Whew I was finally off from work and have officially clocked out. I have felt like today has been the longest day, but maybe it's because I was up at 7 am this morning. My work schedule is something that I am still not used to sometimes, so it will be rather nice not having to get up in the morning since I have finished my shifts for the week. I can't wait to get home and change into some comfortable clothes and watch some tv shows that I have had saved in my dvr. After leaving from work it took me about 20 minutes to get home, it is usually only 15 minutes but I was stuck at every red light known to man in San Diego. Once I made it home I immediately went and changed out of my scrubs and into my favorite comfortable clothes which consisted of some Lululemon leggings and one of my oversized sweatshirts.

While I was watching some tv I heard my phone ding and noticed that I had a notification. It was a text from a number that I didn't have in my phone and it said...

619-527-4388 : Hello. I hope this is the beautiful nurse Courtney, if not I am so sorry for bothering you. This is Bradley Bradshaw from the medical center.

I was so giddy and excited seeing this text. I laughed and immediately wanted to respond back. I decided to go ahead and add his name and number to my contacts list as well.

619-483-7429: Hi Bradley. This is in fact nurse Courtney. Did you think that you had the wrong number that I gave to you? 😂

Bradley Bradshaw: Oh thank goodness. I was a little nervous there for a minute. 😅 No I figured you would actually give out your number. Some people give out fake numbers.

Courtney Alden: You nervous? I would not expect that. Have people really given you fake numbers before?

Bradley Bradshaw: I tend to be a little more nervous then normal when talking to a pretty girl like yourself 😉. No I have not had anyone give me a fake number one of my friends has though.

Courtney Alden: Oh really now?

Courtney Alden: Well that's good. I wouldn't want anyone to be trying to catfish you. You don't deserve that.

Bradley Bradshaw : Yes ma'am ☺️

Bradley Bradshaw: Thanks for looking out for me sweet thang.

Courtney Alden: No problem!

Bradley Bradshaw: What's your plans for this weekend?

Courtney Alden: I am actually just going to be relaxing and just hanging out here. What about you?

Bradley Bradshaw: Same here. Maverick doesn't want me back out in the "field" or should I say the sky until I am 100% better and ready to go. With that being said would you like to do something?

Courtney Alden: Aww Maverick is looking out for you. I know he only wants what is best for you. Sure we can do something! Would you want to come over to my place and we can have a movie marathon day?

*Bradley Bradshaw loved your message ❤️

Bradley Bradshaw: That would be nice. I can bring over a stack of movies and some snacks for us. Just send me your address and what day/time you wanted to do it. ☺️

Courtney Alden: That would be awesome, thank you. I sure can! Let me clean my house and get everything prepared first 😂 Then we can see what day/time works the best. 

Bradley Bradshaw: Sounds good to me. Just text me.

Courtney Alden:

https://c.tenor.com/KGJEg2NX3yMAAAAC/michelle-tanner-you-got-it-dude.gif

A/N: Going to see Top Gun Maverick again tomorrow, so I'll definitely be writing more and more chapters. I can't believe that this story already has over 1K reads. Thank you so much! Don't forget to vote, and comment. I love getting all of the feedback. 💜