-Chapter 8-

-Time Jump (to Saturday)-

Courtney's Point of View

I was woken up by the sound of my phones alarm going off. I quickly leaned forward and turned it off. Checking the time I saw it was 9 o'clock in the morning. I had plenty of time to take a shower, eat breakfast, get ready, and have the living room ready for a movie marathon. I decided to sit in my bed for a few minutes and scroll through my social media accounts. I haven't posted anything on my Instagram in a while maybe I will later on I thought. After I had scrolled through my accounts I decided to go ahead and get up and take a quick shower. Once I got out of the shower I slipped on my robe and began going through my closet trying to decide what to wear. Since Bradley is coming over I definitely wanted to dress cute and comfortable. This would actually be his first time seeing me in normal clothes and not my scrubs.

Once I had picked out and outfit and got dressed I decided to put on a small amount of makeup. Mainly it was just some lipgloss and some mascara. After that was complete I made myself some breakfast which consisted of a yogurt parfait with some fruit and I made an iced coffee. While I was eating my breakfast I heard my phone ding meaning I had a new notification. I slid my phone that was sitting on the table over to where I was and picked it up. Upon seeing who the notification was from I could feel my cheeks start becoming flushed.

Bradley Bradshaw: Good morning! I bet you were up bright and early huh? 😂

Courtney Alden: Good morning! Yes I was. I woke up at 9 this morning 😂.

Bradley Bradshaw: Even on your days off you are still up early. Smh that would not be me if I was doing your job.

Courtney Alden: Yes sir I am. 😂 Lol it's alright, with my job you get used to being up early. It actually helps me on my off days to be more productive.

Bradley Bradshaw: That's always a good thing.

Bradley Bradshaw: I am finishing up getting ready.  I am going to head out to the grocery store to pick up our snacks for today. Was there anything in particular that you wanted me to grab?

Courtney Alden: Hmmm 🤔

Courtney Alden: Maybe find some different candy like they sell in the movie theaters. I like getting the bag of Sour Patch Kids when I go. Don't worry about the popcorn I have that covered.

Bradley Bradshaw: That'll work for me. Oof popcorn is a weakness of mine. 😂 I also can't be eating too many sweets. I need to be staying in shape.

Courtney Alden: Oh I am sure you are just fine. 1 bag of candy won't hurt you too much. Right? 🤭

Bradley Bradshaw: Maybe 1 bag of candy and lots of popcorn will be fine.

Bradley Bradshaw: I'm heading to my car now. When I get back inside my car from the grocery store I'll text you. Can't wait to see you soon!

After Bradley sent that last text message I decided that I would wait and send him one after he gets through with shopping. All I could think was "this boy is the sweetest."

                             Time Jump
As I looked up at the clock I saw that the time now read 1:45 in the afternoon. Bradley should be here at 2 o'clock. I am so excited. While I was waiting I went ahead and got all of the bowls and trays out that we could put all of the snacks on. After placing them all out on my kitchen island I went to go and sit for a few minutes. No faster than I could sit down I heard my doorbell ring. I checked the time on my watch and it was only 1:50, Bradley had came early. I peeked through the window to make sure it was Bradley before I slowly opened the door. Once I opened it I saw Bradley standing there with some grocery bags in one hand and a beautiful bouquet of flowers in the other, it was quite a sight if I do say so myself *insert heart eyes*. I then said "well look at you being here 10 minutes early." He laughed and said "I mean who wouldn't want to be a little early to something like this." I smiled and said "aww. Come on in. Please feel free to make yourself at home." Once he stepped through the door he said "thank you. While I was at the grocery store I noticed that there was a flower shop next door, so I had to stop before I came here. I got you these, I hope that you like them."