3. Two-Step Plan (part two.)

11: 02 am.

Without being face to face with them again, it's impossible to decide who I like more. The names Andy and Dylan are haunting me throughout the day. It's as annoying as it sounds, I really hate myself now. 

Because whoever it is, I'll have to fight for them. For the first time since fourth grade. 

But I'm a nobody now; my phone hasn't dinged since five days ago. And that was when my Uncle Mitchell sent me a video of Lily dressed up as some celebrity and singing a wacky song.

Now, Luke and his annoying friends are trying to figure out where my diary is. Well obviously right now it's in my hand as I'm writing this in the bathroom. Yes, Alex, this is why I take so long in here. 

I'm hiding this diary in a place that's super safe, so I don't have to worry about Mom picking it up while inspecting my room for boy socks or anything.

People say girls giggle too much, but the truth is, boys giggle JUST as much. Luke, Manny and they're friends (only Luke's because Manny nerds his friends away) have been spying on me for TWO HOURS, up in my business and giggling.

Except you don't call it giggling. It's deeper, more like a snort. Andy's is closer to a sweet chuckle, while Dylan practically HOLLERS the house down. Which is bad enough when you're sneaking him into your house at night.

Andy never lets me sneak him up, even if he's better at climbing trees than Dylan. He's just decent like that. Or maybe he's doing it with some other girl. Or if he's not, I can't stop comparing him with Dylan and Dylan with him. 

How many times I see them in my dreams. Who came to my rescue first when my cousin Lily almost fell from a tree catching her cat, Larry (it's a long story.)

I literally have two tally charts with ''Andy'' on one and ''Dylan'' on another. Which is why my two-step plan is necessary. To end my poor sanity being lost. 

To get Dylan back, the biggest plan came to mind after Lily's guitar recital that Mom made me go to last week. She was playing a song so different, yet so similar to something Dylan played. In my room, almost a month ago. He'd go on and on, just to watch me listening, he said.

According to his Instagram posts, he's joined a band. A cool one, and I'm happy for him. I swear I'm not getting back with him for popularity. On the contrary, I don't want my identity to be associated with him other than ''Dylan's girlfriend.'' That feels so familiar and safe, yet so long ago.

Anyways, back to getting him back. I'll borrow Dad's old guitar and play him the ten minute version of All Too Well by Taylor Swift. Even Alex doesn't know this, but I actually know how to play the guitar. 

Dylan taught me, but if Dad asks, I'll say he was the one who did. All Too Well is our song (me and Dylan's, not me and Dad's) because he taught me that after sharing a cup of hot cocoa on a stormy night.

I made many mistakes, but the first song I ever learned was a ten minute one! That's a flex! After the kiss that follows that, I'll tell Dylan how much he means to me. 

Just speak from the heart, as well as bring back everything we've been through together, and how I'm so sorry, since technically, I'm the one who broke up with him.

1: 05 pm.

After lunch, I watched these old videos of Dylan and I on my phone, as well as an invitation I screenshotted from Andy. It was an invitation to his poetry club. See you soon, Andy. 

If Dylan and I are back together by then, I won't bring it up before I'm sure about my feelings for Andy. Does that sound selfish? Because I need my school reputation back, but because Andy can't come to town a week earlier, I have to be with Dylan before deciding anything. 

Which makes me feel like a horrible person, after all we've been through. But I think I'll do it, diary.

The next picture on my phone is the poem Andy wrote for me, since I had to throw the hard copy away out of fear that Luke would steal it. If I write it down right now or something, I swear I'll cry.

 Which makes everything even more confusing, but one half of my questions on my feelings will be answered tomorrow. But first, I have to practice my singing and playing the guitar skills. 

Can't wait to wow you, Dylan.

Author's Note:
Chapter 4 is out now! Hope you're all doing good, please give this a vote if you enjoyed.