Wattpad Original

AFTER PARTY (**AFTERWORD)

WE DID IT EVERYONE! We made it through approximately 116k words — give or take a few, depending on what edits I made along the way. What a rollercoaster of emotions this journey has been!

It's utterly mind-blowing to think that this marks the completion of my fourth novel, when only five years ago I was blowing out birthday candles and wishing for the grit to finish one book

It's utterly mind-blowing to think that this marks the completion of my fourth novel, when only five years ago I was blowing out birthday candles and wishing for the grit to finish one book. I can't thank you enough for the time you've invested in my work, all the votes and comments you've left along the way. I read each and every one of them — all your theories and reactions — and genuinely appreciate the solidarity you show my characters in their strongest moments and during their most significant trials. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but sharing these stories with you makes writing them even more worthwhile.

It certainly wasn't easy at times. Legion of the Lost (LotL) was an extremely ambitious project, marking the first significant expansion of the little universe I set up in Queen of the Night. I allowed a lot of myself to bleed into Nora's character, strengths and flaws, and it was both daunting and cathartic to put that out into the world. LotL also saw several disparate plot lines intertwine, not unlike an Avengers film, through the appearances of key characters like Chance Nightshade and Ivy Thatcher from seasons 1 and 2.

I started and gave up so many times it's hard to count, writing and rewriting the first twelve chapters as I tried to find my way through the narrative, to do justice to all of the grand, abstract ideas swimming through my head. Throw in 263 days of lockdown into the mix, along with a Masters degree and a new career in Secondary Teaching, with a healthy sprinkle of quarter life crisis... it was a debilitating concoction, but working on this book gave me a sense of direction and purpose that wasn't reliant on anyone or anything else. It forced me to carve out a little bit of time each week purely for myself and what I loved doing, so that I didn't lose my sense of self along the way. Thank you for sharing that with me.

If there are any other characters you'd love to know more about, or if you have any other ideas for bonus chapters, comment on this chapter and let me know. Your wish may very well become reality!

Stay toasty,

- AJ.

To stay updated on the future of the series, follow me on Wattpad (@AJSCURRAH) and keep this book in your library.

Forsaken by the one person who was supposed to love her unconditionally, Red must brave the magic and monsters of the Wylds to find her true place in the world

*****

Named after the blood they found her covered in as a child, Red is used to being an outcast in the Blood Moon Pack. Plagued by a weak heart, she has always been a burden to others, never able to shift or earn her keep.

How, then, is she supposed to win over the heart of Hunter Callahan, son of the Blood Moon Alpha? The Night Goddess claims they're a perfect match, but Hunter seems convinced otherwise. And another pair of eyes is watching from the woods, tracking her every move...

Join Red on an epic journey into the Wylds, a breath-taking place of magic, myth and monsters, as she dares to take destiny into her own hands. Does she deserve more than what fate has in store for her?

For fellow lovers of A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and The Cruel Prince by Holly Black.

[65-70k words]

Best Ranks: 13th in #Werewolf1st in #paranormalromance, #quest and #dragon

Featured on the 2021 Wattys Shortlist! Previously known as 'Seeing Red' on @HMKRAFT.