"outnumbered"

Y/n's POV

I had gotten a letter from Tanjiro in the middle of the night. His crow woke me up.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked the crow. "I have a letter from Tanjiro Kamado, are you Y/n Haganezuka?" the crow asked me. "I am" I replied to him before taking the letter.

Y/n,

I hope this letter finds you well and I don't mean to scare you. Inosuke has been kidnapped on a mission. It was the actions of humans who are currently being manipulated by demons. I know I might be asking for a little much but I know that both you and Inosuke care deeply about each other. I want you to save him. I wouldn't ask you if I didn't see the potential in you Y/n Haganezuka.

-Tanjiro Kamado

The letter read.

"Wait" I said to the crow.

I quickly jotted a response.

I'll do it

-Y/n

I gave the crow my letter. I couldn't believe that Inosuke had gotten himself kidnapped and he could have been killed. My dad hadn't come home yet so I had some time. I packed up some things and hid some weapons in my kimono. Although Inosuke kinda pissed me off, I couldn't let him die. I wrote a note for my dad and I was on my way.

I didn't even know where this house was so I was basically on my own. All I knew was that it was between the Swordsmith Village and the Butterfly Mansion. It couldn't be too hard to find, right?

I was wrong, I was walking through forests and farmlands for hours. When it was about noon, I had something to eat and caught up on some sleep. My rest time was cut short and I needed energy. I didn't know what I was going to face. There might be demons and there was going to be humans. I didn't know how much humans there would be and how strong they were. If I was outnumbered, then this would be a fail. Either way, I couldn't fail. I had to save Inosuke even if it was dangerous.

After my nap, I woke up and eventually found the house. It was pretty creepy, in daylight hours the house was just dark and it looked like it wasn't taken care of. I waited until the sun set and caused a distraction. I knocked on the door. And a woman older than me opened it, she looked really frail and weak.

"Hi, I'm so sorry for bothering you this late but I've gotten lost. Can you help me find my way out?" I asked her kindly. "Sure, but I can't be out for long" she replied to me. "It'll be fast, I promise" I reassured her.

I made her walk me to the end of the woods and then I disappeared from her. I went back to the house and that's when things really started to happen. The woman had left the door open.

Perfect I thought to myself.

I barged into the house.

"Oi! Follow me" I taunted three men.

They chased me out of the house and I led them into the forest. I eventually outran them and went back for Inosuke. I was starting to get out of breath. I walked around the house and then I saw a door that was locked. Without thinking, I ran straight into the door multiple times until it fell down. I fell down with the door and I saw Inosuke.

"Y/n?" he said. "Hi" I smiled awkwardly. "Are you okay?" he asked me. "Am I okay? Are you okay? You're the one who's sitting on the floor chained" I said to him. "How'd you know how to find me?" Inosuke asked me. "I have connections" I replied to him before sitting behind him.

The chains that were holding him down were tangled up.

"What did you do?" I asked him. "I got pissed off so I started running in circles to see if the chains would break" he explained.

I let out a huge sigh and tried to untangle the chains. I got all the knots out but I couldn't break the chains.

"Let me see your wrists" I said to Inosuke.

He gave me his hands and I started to think.

"Okay I want you to make your hand as small as possible. I'm going to try to slide your hand out" I explained to him. "Like this?" he asked before all the bones from the wrist down dislocated and flopped around.

I let out a shriek.

"What the hell just happened" I asked him kinda weirded out. "I can dislocate all my joints and bones, pretty cool huh?" he explained what the hell just happened. "...yeah...cool" I was really scared to hurt him even more. "Just do it, Y/n. I wont get hurt" he said to me.

I pulled the cuff off of his hand successfully, I was surprised that it worked. I slipped out his other hand.

"Okay, I'll be right back" I said to him.

I raided all the rooms until I found Inosuke's mask and swords.

"Let's get outta here" I grabbed him by the hand.

Inosuke put on his mask and took his swords from me. As we went into the forest a lot of demons started to appear. I was starting to get scared because it was my first time seeing demons. They were a hundred times more scarier than how people described them.

"Oi Y/n, stay close and don't get killed" Inosuke said to me. "There's so many" I said to him. "Don't worry, Lord Inosuke will take care of this" he said.

He was wearing his boar mask but I could tell that he was smiling under his mask, that was enough to make me feel safer. His confidence was keeping me calm. I watched as he fought the demons. There were so many of them and I was slowly starting to lose faith in Inosuke. He was strong but these demons were on another level and it was him against so many of them. I had to look away, I couldn't stand seeing him get hurt like that.

"Look it's Y/n and Inosuke!" I heard Zenitsu say.