"it felt right"

Y/n's POV

The next morning when I woke up, I saw Shinobu in the kitchen.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked her. "I've been kicked out of my own room" she said to me. "What?" I asked. "I may or may not have hurt Tomioka's feelings so now I have to make it up to him" she explained. "What are you gonna do?" I asked "Look" she handed me a letter.

Dear Giyuu

I greatly apologize for hurting your feelings by saying that I'm your only friend and that no one else likes you. But even if it is true (which it is not) that doesn't mean that I'm better than you in any way. We are equals and we should respect each other. Even if one of us truly does have more friends. (Not that it would be me)

Love, Amanda Hugginkiss

"Amanda Hugginkiss?" I asked Shinobu. "He'll fall for it" she replied to me. "He's that gullible?" I asked her. "You'll see" she replied to me before getting up.

She ran over to her room and knocked the door.

"Tomiokaaa, there's a letter here for you" she knocked on the door. "Morning Y/n" Tanjiro said to me. "Hey" I replied to him.

He sat down next to me and got something to eat.

"I never knew you were that good at fighting" Tanjiro said to me. "Oh my dad taught me how to fight when I was younger" I explained to him.

Zenitsu entered the room.

"Tanjiro no fair, why do you get to sit next to her" he complained before grabbing some food.

He looked like he was still half asleep.

"Where's Inosuke?" I asked Tanjiro. "He's sleeping in" he told me. "Oh god, he still needs to take care of his injuries" I said. "I don't know why you're so worried, he does stuff like that" Zenitsu said to me. "I'll wake him up once I'm done eating"I said.

Just then, Giyuu came in the room holding the letter. 

"Morning" he yawned as he sat down. "What's that?" Tanjiro asked. "Shinobu said that this letter came for me" he explained. "Why don't you read it out loud?" I suggested. "I greatly apologize for hurting your feelings by saying that I'm your only friend and that no one else likes you. But even if it is true that doesn't mean that I'm better than you in any way. We are equals and we should respect each other. Even if one of us truly does have more friends." he read the letter. "Who's it from?" Zenitsu asked. "Love Amanda Hugginkiss?" he read.

The three of us bursted into laughter.

"What's so funny?" Giyuu asked. "Love a man to hug and kiss" Zenitsu laughed. "I don't know Amanda Hugginkiss" Giyuu said causing us to laugh harder. "Giyuu, read that again and think about it" Tanjiro told him. "Amanda Hugginkiss" Giyuu read slowly and then his face turned red.

He got up and ran outside.

"Shinobu!" he yelled. "Oi stop yelling, people are still sleeping!" I heard Aoi yell. "I'm gonna go wake up Inosuke" I got up.

When I walked into his room he was still sleeping. I pulled the covers from over his head and got another one of those visions again. I saw Inosuke as a baby, he was sleeping just like he was today.

"Y/n are you okay, you look like you saw a ghost" Tanjiro said with concern in his voice.

My palms got sweaty.

"Something bad's gonna happen to Inosuke" I said. "What are you talking about?" he asked me. "Ever since I've been around Inosuke, I started getting these visions and it's like I've seen these things before even though it's probably never happened" I explained. "You should tell Shinobu" Tanjiro said.

I found myself with Shinobu, telling her everything.

"Do you know your mother's name?" she asked me. "All I know was that she changed her last name to Haganezuka when she married my dad" I explained. "Well I think you have her memories somehow, but I'm not 100% sure" she explained. "How do we confirm this?" I asked her. "There are two ways, we ask your father who's most likely gonna say no, or we go through some records" she explained. "We can do that?" I asked her. "Yeah, there's probably some marriage records that we can go through" she explained. "You can do that?" I asked her. "I guess I'll find out" she said before leaving.

I went back to Inosuke who was still sleeping somehow.

"Oi get up" I pulled the covers off of him. "Y/n" he said to me. "I know you haven't treated your wounds, come on now" I said to him.

I dragged him to the infirmary. I looked at both of his legs and I was right, he was hurt.

"What did they do to you?" I asked him once I saw all the cuts and bruises. "They tried making me rat out the entire corps but they gave up once I tried biting their ankles" Inosuke explained while I cleaned up the wounds. "Oh goodness, you weren't an easy hostage" I said to him. "I think they were gonna let me go" he said.

Both of us started laughing.

"Let me see your head" I said to him.

I ran my fingers through his hair and made sure that he didn't hit his head too hard. Once I was done I rested my hand on his cheek. He put his hand over mine and we held eye contact. He then kissed my hand.

Did he just kiss me

"What was that for?" I asked him as I got super flustered. "I don't know, it felt right" he replied to me.

I looked down at my hand.

"...can I kiss you again?" he asked me. "...I guess since you've already done it once" I said to him.

He came closer to my face and we kissed. It was so sweet and soft and I felt my heart fluttering. Once I pulled away, I got another vision. I saw a younger version of my dad kissing some woman. She had similar features to me.

"Oh my god!" I yelled. "Y/n?" Inosuke asked. "I think I just got a vision of my parents kissing for the first time" I explained. "What are you talking about?" he asked me. "Y/n, I found something" Shinobu came into the room.

Shinobu's POV

I took Y/n to my room. And told her all the information I knew.

"So your mother's name was Tamiko Haganezuka or Tamiko Ono" I told Y/n. "So why am I seeing these things?" I asked her. "She was a Demon Slayer so I think that explains the dead woman" I said to Y/n. "But why did she look like Inosuke?" Y/n asked. "That could've been his mother" I said to Y/n. "They must've known each other if there was a vision with Inosuke" she explained. "They must've been friends" I said to Y/n. "Oh and by the way, I just saw my parents kissing right after I kissed Inosuke" Y/n said. "Oh, certain feelings might trigger memories" I said to her. "Oh dear" she said nervously. "At least you know" I smiled at her.

I felt a little bad though, this is how she had to learn her mother's name. From what I heard, Tamiko Ono was one of the best until she died giving birth to Y/n.