Wheeler

___ woke up still in Steve's bed, a few rays of sunlight came through the window, lighting up the entire room.  ___ was surprised not to have found Steve there, it would not have been the first time they slept together, but she assumed that he had decided to go to sleep elsewhere for comfort. She grabbed one of Steve's shirts and changed into the one she was wearing to look cleaner even though she was still wearing the same jeans as the day before. She went out of the room and went downstairs to meet Steve, she found him at the door talking to someone. ___ approached to Steve and looked outside the door to see who was there. It was Nancy Wheeler. Steve and Nancy looked uncomfortable, but ___ could not tell what happened between them, or why they started to be uncomfortable when she appeared, so she decided to talk to try to know what was wrong.

,,Hey guys, whats wrong?“  ___ had a smile on her face, trying to break the tension that was on the air that could be cut with a knife, she hugged Nancy and Steve. Her relationship with Nancy wasn't the best, but she could say that Nancy was her friend.

,,Oh, hello ___, Steve didn't tell me that you were here, nice to see you.“ When Nancy saw ___ she gave a deadly stare to Steve, who in reaction just putted his hand behind his neck. ,,Maybe we should talk later,  need to talk with you, when can we meet?“

,,I need to go to my house, my mom has to be worried about me, maybe we could talk on the way, if you don't mind going to my home with me of course.“

,,Sure, lets go.“ She took ___ hand and went out of Steve's house quickly. Different emotions could be seen in Steve's eyes, perhaps fear and confusion. He knew that it would not be very good for him if ___ talked with Nancy, but at the same time he knew that it could be for the best, although he felt guilty for not saying anything to ___ before.

The two girls were on their way to ____'s house, it was a bit of an uncomfortable and silent trip,  until  Nancy cleared her throat coughing a couple of times and began to talk about that subject that she had mentioned before to the girl who accompanied her.

,, I hate to tell you this, but I think you have a serious talk with Steve. Don't get me wrong, it's not because I'm jealous, it's just... that earlier Steve was flirting with me and he tried to kiss me, He didn't do it thought! I stoped him.“ She was trying to find something optimistic to say to ___, but she can't, there wasn't anything good about that. ,,I think that you should talk with him about this.“

,, Sorry, I'm leaving, thanks for telling me everyrhing Nance, you are a good friend.“___ stoped walking and started walking faster to her house leaving Nancy behind. Nancy went to Steve's house again, she had to tell steve what was ___'s reaction to telling her what happened, since she had assumed that Steve knew that was what she wanted to say to ___ . Nancy arrived at Steve's house and knocked the door, It didn't take long for the boy to open the door and greet his friend.

,,I told her that you were flirting with me, and also what you tried to do, she deserved to know it, you should go and talk to her, do not lie Steve. If you stoped loving her, you should have told her, and you know I have a boyfriend too, you have been very stupid.“

,,I know that Nancy, It was my mistake, but I didn't wanted to hurt her and I didn't know how to tell her, I screwed up, I know, I'm going to go to her house to see her, just give me a moment to know what to say, I don't want to lose her, ok? I can not explain what I did, I mean, I love you, and you know that, but I still love her.“

___ arrived at her home and closed the door of the house with a slam, there wasn't anyone at her home, which relieved her since she could let off steam and cry all she wanted without anyone bothering her. Ten minutes had passed, that's when the bell of the door rang.

,,If you're Steve you can go now, I don't want to talk to you. she didn't even look who was the person who was outside the door, she didn't care much since she had assumed it was Steve, and she didn't want to see him, it was too soon for her, ___ knew that it was likely that the next time she saw Steve it would be to end her relationship with him, And she didn't know if she was ready for it.