Sylvie POV

*Flashback to earlier that day*
Sylvie: Listen I only agreed to this because Loki's gone and now there's a new threat coming. How do I know your not the bad guy? And what even is this so called 'threat'
Valentina: Solid point, all solid points Sylvie! But how bout a little of trust, yeah?
Sylvie: I'll trust you when you trust me enough to tell me what we're up against
Valentina: It's all in good time, alright?

*Flashback ending, now sitting down and explaining what's going on to Kate at the dinner table*

"Listen Kate. According to Yelena, you're familiar with the Avengers?" She replies plainly but easy enough to see she doesn't exactly trust us as we do her. I don't blame her, I don't have much faith in this either. "Yes, I'm familiar.." I continue, "Good. Valentina is putting together a team of new avengers. The old has retired, and we're putting together a new team of 6. We want you to be a part of it."
There's a pause. If she's trying to look like she's not surprised, she'd be failing miserably. Valentina breaks the silence. "Well done Sylvie! You know, I couldn't explain it better-my-self! So Kate, are you in?". She lowers her voice whispering. "Or are you going to go report this back to your partner, because then we.might.have.an.issue." Kate stands up bravely and clutches her bow and arrow tight, "And what if I do?" Ugh. Classic Valentina and of course, the new and worsened Captain America of the group decides that he can't keep his mouth shut. I wonder, was it difficult finding a helmet so large to cover a head that big? At first he reminded me of the old Loki with that arrogance. But he's too emotional and fancies himself leader of the group."Shoot that bow anywhere, and this bullets coming for you," John Walker grunts. Alright, now this is getting ridiculous. We're never going to recruit anyone with everyone acting this paranoid. I'm about to rise up when Yelena touches my hand. Guessing what I was about to say, she voices it for me. "Kate Bishop, we do not want or hurt you. And we won't. We are not your enemies. But you can't let Hawkeye know of this. I told you there would be consequences if you do. Kate clenched her teeth, "If we're really facing a new threat then what's the harm, huh? What, you afraid he'll find out what you're really up to?" That's it, I don't care anymore. I guess we're all standing up now. "Kate, the avengers are retired. We both know he has a family to take care of, and he's definitely not going to agree with this. You know what he's like Kate. The threat we're facing is bigger than you think and he might take you along, but you two can't take this down. We've got to leave him in the dark and take care of this our own." She momentarily pauses, considering this. She sits down and looks at all of us and sighs. "Alright, what's the threat?" We all look at Valentina. "Avengers compound was raided a while ago. The low level stuff was sold at an auction, but there were some high-tech weaponry and who knows what else. A group of Androids and their leader raided them. In the wrong hands, that stuff can do a lot of harm. We're going to get them back. I have an associate in Wakanda that would be able to use these things for the greater good." Seriously. That's what she couldn't trust me with?! Across from me, Kate is clearly confused. She asks, "Why don't we just give it to the FEDS?" John Walker 'heroically' takes the lead. "Because they can't be trusted. They don't always know the full story."
*Note: This is just in the MCU. This is not connected in any way to our world*

I've seen enough in my time to know he speaks from experience. "Ok, I'm in," Kate declares. Yelena acknowledges her, "The right choice, Kate Bishop. Go to your room, unpack. We will all stay here for a few days and figure out what you Americans like to call 'game plan'." John Walker and Valentina leave the room, while Kate goes upstairs. It leaves just me and Yelena here, finishing up the rest of our dinner. We chat, and it seems her sister is Natasha Romanoff. I'm starting to feel we've got a lot in common. I've only arrived here Monday, but I'm starting to like Yelena. Hopefully this all will be worth it. And maybe I can find Loki again after this mess.

Alright readers! Please tell me what you think about this! A bit longer than last time, I hope you enjoyed!