(1) Ice King

"And this here is an extremely good partner of mine," Xavier Eastclint felt a firm grip on his left arm from behind as he sat at the bar taking his time with his drink. The night was still pretty young but that didn't stop him from letting off yawn after yawn. He glanced down at his digital wrist watch and cursed softly under his breath when he realized how slowly time seemed to be passing. 9:42 pm.

Why did I agree to this shit? I'm tired as hell.

"This is my cousin Xavier, he's new around here." Xavier exchanged a subtle look of concern with Bishop and smiled warmly at the duo he'd chauffeured over. "Ladies," Xavier said as he playfully removed his imaginary hat and bowed his head. He wasn't at all in a social mood but it wasn't his intention to be an asshole either. He figured if he played along just a little bit, he could untangle himself from this particular situation before it could even unfold. Xavier knew exactly what Bishop was trying to do and although the pull through was successful, he simply didn't have it in him to third wheel along and end up babysitting some girl. Especially not tonight.

Bishop 'Joog' Vanderbilt reminded Xavier of a magnet because he was just that outgoing. No matter where they went or what part of the world they were in, he had this almost unreal ability to click with people of all backgrounds and walks of life. If they were stranded in a foreign country with absolutely no access to English gps instructions, he could befriend a toad on the side of the road and somehow come up with some information to get back to where they were. He admired that about him at least. However, the downside to Bishop's social aspirations were that they were always at Xavier's expense. With Bishop, it was never a one man show. He always had to incorporate Xavier into his operation against his will.

"Hi." The girls sang shyly in unison. They were both pretty women who appeared welcoming. The one Bishop held onto looked real happy-go-lucky. She had Sandy brown coily hair that naturally fell down in front of her face, glimmering round baby doll eyes, a button nose, pouty lips and a pleasant Mocha complexion.

The other girl seemed to be her exact opposite. Her hair was silky straight and black, small wandering eyes, brown skin and a very convincing resting face.

"Enjoying yourselves?" Xavier asked courteously. "It's okay" Sandy brown hair answered. "The clubs here are cool and all but where I'm from, we be getting busy on the dance floor."

"Is that right?" Sandy brown giggled and nodded eagerly. "Hell yea. It's so dead in here." She took a sip of her drink through her coffee straw and looked around, aimlessly swaying along to the music in the air. "Well where are y'all from?"

"She's from Jersey," Sandy started as she pointed at resting face. "And I'm from LA."

"I for sure hear a little snoop dogg in there, some Nate dogg." Sandy chuckled and covered her mouth as Xavier took another swig from his unappealing drink.

This shit is so nasty.

As Xavier began to wonder why he asked the bartender to surprise him, his cousin interjected and took it upon himself to excuse the girls. They bunnied over to the restroom on the other side of the building, lightly pushing and nudging passed others to get through the growing crowd.