First Night Jitters

Spending the night with your partner for the first time is usually a source of nerves and jitters but I had been looking forward to spending the night with Austin for weeks. We were finally in the same city, and he invited me to spend the night with him after having dated for 6 months. He knew about how hurt I'd been in previous relationships and took every step to ensure that I felt safe and loved by him. The night finally came, and I couldn't contain my excitement about staying at Austins. I had packed up my bag a couple days in advance and when it was time to drive to Austins place, I grabbed it and ran out of my apartment like my butt had been lit on fire. I locked up behind me and ran down to my car, practically hurling the bag into my passenger seat.  

I drove over to his apartment and parked my car, grabbed my bag and headed upstairs to his place. I hesitated to knock as my hands were sweaty and shaky from my nerves. Before I could even quantify in my own mind what I was feeling, the door opened and there stood my boyfriend, in all his black hair and blue-eyed glory. His attire consisted of a black t-shirt and grey sweats, his usual attire when he has returned home from filming and wanted to relax. His dyed black hair is slightly tousled, and he looks at me with a soft smile. " Welcome to my humble abode, my princess" he says, taking my bag from me and showing me inside.  The door closes behind us and he shows me his apartment, which was plastered with photos of Elvis, his laptop open on his coffee table playing Elvis' entire discography. He took my hand and showed me to his room. 

His room was like a typical guy's room; laundry piled on a chair waiting to be put away, and empty coffee mugs on the desk along with stacks of scripts and his laptop he had brought in from the living room.  We sat down on his made bed, and he pulled me into his arms, covering us with a soft grey fleece blanket he had at the foot of the bed. I snuggled into his chest and looked up at his soft blue eyes, still dark with eyeliner underneath and lashes dark with mascara from the day of filming. " Love you sure you don't want some help to get your makeup off for the night?" I ask, rubbing at his undereye with my thumb. He looks down at me with his dark eyes and has a look of confusion on his face. " Youre telling me you can't just take it off with water?" He jokes, a slight chuckle bubbling up from his chest. I gently give him a jab in the arm and lead him to his bathroom and grabbing my toiletry bag out of my bag on the way there.

 I pull out cotton rounds, cotton swabs, cotton balls and micellar water and place them on the counter. I sit him down on the counter and hop up myself. I open the bottle and drench a cotton swab in it, taking it to my boyfriends under eyes. I watch the swab go turn dark as I wipe at the dark liner under his eyes. Once his under eyes were cleaned up, I took two cotton pads and soaked them in makeup remover. I tell him to close his eyes and tilt his head back. Both pads get placed over his eyes and left to soak. " My love, normally I do not question your methods, but this is one that I am questioning." He says jokingly. " Well, my love, it's so it can soak off the stuff on your eyes without pulling on your skin" I reply matter of factly. I rub off the remaining darkness and throw everything used in the garbage. 

I get off the counter and head back to his room, him closely behind me. He scoops me up and dives onto his bed with me in his arms. We get cozy under his covers, me snuggled up into his chest and his arms holding me to his chest. His hand gently tucks my hair behind my ear and smiles as I start falling asleep, safe in my loves hold. He kisses my forehead as he starts to doze off. We lay there, snuggled up with each other and ready for whatever the world could throw at us.