Chasing my Dream

Never did I think that I would be leaving 1000 miles away from the love of my life, but I can't change the fact I have to go. I had gotten the offer of my dreams to head out to Tennessee to chase my dreams of doing music full time, and Austin knew how much it meant to me to chase music. I still remember the day I got the call that one of the biggest labels in country music, Warner Brothers Nashville, wanted to sign me as a new artist. The same label that represented some of the heavy hitters in country music like Dan and Shay, Kenny Chesney and one of their newest hit artists, Bailey Zimmerman. 

Austin and I had been settled in California for the past year after dating for quite some time. He was out working on acting jobs while I would stay in our apartment working on my music. I had posted a few songs on YouTube, and they started to gain traction. One that I had written, Falling in Love never Felt so Good, had gone viral and racked up over 3 million views in just over a week of me putting it online. I had written it at the start of my relationship with Austin and he wholeheartedly supported me trying to make it in country music. One day, I was working on a new song, and I heard my phone ring. It showed a number in Nashville, so I was admittedly skeptical. I picked up and answered," Hello?". A strong voice with a southern drawl to it answered back. " Hello, Is this Y/N Baker? I was wanting to inquire with her about becoming our next new artist" My jaw hit the floor, and I couldn't speak. John Esposito was on the other end of the line; little did I know that my life was about to change forever. After picking up my jaw from the floor, I answered" This is she. Mr. Esposito, you have no idea how much I've wanted to hear someone say that. How did you even find out about me?" I replied, an air of confusion to my answer.  He proceeded to explain to me that some of his talent had come across my video for Falling in Love never Felt So Good and had sent it his way. He was blown away with how well I could sing and with how young I was to be trying to start a career in music.  

After about an hour-long conversation about logistics and the details of my contract, I gave him my answer which was a resounding yes. He invited me to a signing event in Nashville where I would officially sign to be one of their artists in 2 weeks and told me to start packing up to make the move to Nashville. My heart sank when I realized I would have to tell the love of my life that I have to leave across the country and be away from him again. I started to rack my brain of how to tell him but every time I tried; I broke down crying. A few hours later around 5 pm, Austin arrives home and sees me slumped at the counter trying to figure out how to tell him. " Babe, what's wrong? You look like you have something on your mind." He says, walking over to me and rubbing my back. I look up at him, tear-stained cheeks and try to choke out the words" I got offered a recording contract and I have to be in Nashville in 2 weeks, so I have to move away from you baby" His face drops for around a few seconds and then he lifts my chin with one finger and kisses me gently. I take in the taste of subtle warmth and cherry ChapStick on his lips one last time and my breath hitches as I feel his hand lace around the back of my neck. He looks me in the eyes and says the one thing I need to hear" My love, I could not be prouder of you for chasing this dream and that you are now seeing it come to fruition. I love you and I always will hold a special place for you in my heart. As much as it will hurt to see you across the country, we will make this work. We did long distance before, and we can do it again. I'll fly over to Nashville whenever I can, and I will be at every show regardless. I love you my princess and never forget that." 

After that conversation, Austin helped me to pack up 2 suitcases to get me through the first month in Nashville and he would gradually bring over most of the rest of my belongings on his first visit the following month. 2 weeks later at the HQ of Warner Brothers Nashville, I signed my first recording contract and became their newest solo country artist. I finally was living my dream and had my best friend and partner right by my side through it all. Nothing could stop me now.