Chapter 1: First day of school

It was my first day of college. It's common to feel a bit nervous. But, fortunately for me, I got some old friends from 12th grade that are coming to the same school as me! During the start of the school, I was really busy helping my old friends with locating their classes, and I forgot that I don't even know what's the number my own class.
I went to the staff member who have the sheet of all classes for freshman students. She showed me the sheet and I saw that my class number is '30'. I pause, remembering that one of my friends I helped with is in that class. Feeling extremely awkward for some random reasons, I went to my assigned class and saw everyone there, as expected. I randomly took a chair from the hallway outside and quietly drag it into the classroom to sit. I want the embarrassment to quickly disappear. However, our teacher had to further embarrass me by telling me to stand up as she took a smaller sized chair, the one everyone else's sitting, to let me sit on. A children's chair. Feeling confused and flustered, I obediently sat down on the too awkwardly small chair. But I didn't dare to make a comment as I looked around seeing everyone sitting on the same type of small chairs as me.
So awkward!
To make things worse, I was seated right beside the teacher, thus, I felt suffocated, being squeezed in a tight weird spot.
  I soon learned that her name is Mrs. Watts and she will be our business administration professor—the major I chose due to the reason that I thought being a businesswomen whom works in the office with a high positions make me feel oddly pleasing.
After she ask me for my name and check it off the attendance sheet, she introduces herself and what they are going to do in this school year as a business students. While she was talking, I looked around the class, there's not a lot of student in this class. Maybe it's because not a lot of students chose business as their major. Who knows.
  Mrs. Watts suddenly puts two boxes on the center of the table.
"One is for the boys and the other is for the girls. Now randomly draw out a folded paper in one of the two boxes." Mrs. Watt explained, "This box is for boys," she pointed the box on the right. "And this one is for girls" she pointed at the other one on the left. The number you got will matched between female and males. So, for this pre-assignment, you will each have to be in a group of two; boys and girls. I know you all are young adults, so forgive me, because I also teaches elementary schoolers for the past 5 years." She smiled.
  Mrs. Watts went through some other instructions before my classmates nodded and then rushes forward to get their hand inside the boxes. The girls were screaming,  claiming to want to be partnered with a guy name vicktor. Maybe they knew each other.. I suddenly felt like an outsider.
Where's my friend? I scanned the crowds to look for my friend, but all the girls were blocked my way.
The female classmates darted their eyes at a not-so-bad-looking blond guy who's holding a folded paper. I assume he was the Vicktor they wanted to be partnered with. He must be popular back in his old school.
As Vicktor is unfolding his paper, every girl's attention glued to him. Wanting to know which one he got, so they would try to get the same number as him. He unfolds his paper and looked inside it. His friend, who was beside him, looking at the paper behind him. He looked up at the girls and said,
"He got 5."
Immediately after he said it, the girl's attention went back to the box. They again rushed their hand inside the small hole. It's weird how Vicktor didn't have the slightest reaction to this. Does it occur frequently? The girls who got theirs were frowning at their paper. It's so obvious that they didn't got 5. I chucked quietly.
I looked up and saw Vicktor looking at me. I widen my eyes in surprise. I never knew there would be a time where I became visible to someone that held such a high popularity. I broke our eye contact away and pretend I'm very much invested into the whole lottery thing. Thankfully, he also looked away and talked to his friends.
As soon as the girls are less crowded near the box, I jump at the chance and shamelessly launch my arm forward. Going in between the two girl's shoulder and aim toward the box's hole. After I got my hand inside the box, I rumbled through some folded papers with my finger and pull out a random paper at last. At a time where nobody is watching me, nobody wondering what I got, I unfolds the paper and looked inside it.
In there, a neat handwriting that was written with a black marker were marked, the one and only number shown was...
The number 5.