You ask too much

In the astronomy tower....

'Have you ever considered that you asked too much! You take too much for granted! Has that ever crossed your brilliant mind? That I do not want to do this anymore!' severus questioned incredulously.

'I will not negotiate with you Severus. There's nothing more to discuss.' Albus told him. Severus spun around exiting the astronomy tower quickly he passed Harry as he went.

'Severus?' lula questioned seeing a frantic severus roaming the halls pulling at his hair.

'Lula.' He said breathlessly hugging her tight.

'whats going on?' she questioned still holding onto him.

'There is something I have to do... I don't want to do it.' Severus told her.

'what do you have to do?' lula questioned softly running her hand through his hair.

'I have to... I have... to protect Draco. I made the unbreakable vow.... I have to do what he cannot.' Severus told her vaguely.

'what do you have to do severus?' he didn't answer. 'sevy youre scaring me. whats going on?' again no answer she pulled back holding his face in her hands. 'Severus Snape you tell me what the hell is going on!' lula demanded.

++++++++

Bellatrix and the other death eaters waited impatiently for draco to open the wardrobe at Borgin and burkes.

Draco got out of his common room making his way to the wardrobe it was time to let them all in. It opened slowly and wisps black smoke came flooding out Bellatrix and the other death eaters arrived at Hogwarts. And it was just in time because Harry had gotten back from his special mission with Dumbledore.

'Severus is the one you need, Harry speak to no one else. Go get Severus. Severus, Harry.' Dumbledore said out of breath. Harry went to leave, confused and disoriented when he heard people coming.

'Harry keep yourself hidden no one must see or hear you. Do you hear me?' albus questioned softly. 'Do as I say. Trust me.' Dumbledore requested trust me and Harry ran.

Draco held his wand out pointing at the Dumbledore slowly approaching

'Good evening Draco it's a lovely spring evening isn't it.'

'Who else is here I heard you talking!' Draco snapped

'Just me I like to talk to myself. Do you listen to yourself Draco?' albus questioned. 'Draco you are no assassin.' Albus reminded him. Severus and lula appeared on the stairs and lula wrapped a hand over harrys mouth to keep him from shouting. She held a finger to her lips and harry nodded but she kept a hand on him, while severus kept a wand pointed at him.

'How do you know who I am I've done things you don't even know!' Draco snapped back nervously.

'You mean Katie Bell what you did was merciful was easy fixed.' Albus assured.

'You don't know anything! I have been chosen!' Draco declared pulling up his sleeve to reveal the death eaters mark on his arm. 'The vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement...'

'Let me guess it has a sister a twin?'

'At Borgin and Burkes a secret passage...' Draco told him

'Genius Draco... you were just simply a boy who made all the wrong choices... you don't make anymore.'

'I don't want your help!' Draco told him through clenched teeth 'I have to do this I have to kill you or he is going to kill me.' the footsteps of death eaters approaching could be heard Bellatrix smiled happily

'Well look what we have here!' she said happily coming up behind Draco. 'Well done Draco.' she said blowing him a kiss.

'Good evening Bellatrix I think introductions are in order don't you?' albus questioned looking around the group of death eaters.

'I'm afraid we are on a bit of a tight schedule Albus.' Bellztrix reminded him. 'Do it' she sneered in Dracos ear. 'kill him.'

'He doesn't have the stomach, just like his father.' another death eater said 'we can finish it one way or another... I know the dark lord wanted him to do it but...'

'go on Draco now!' Bellatrix screamed, severus kissed lula quickly before heading up. She reached out for him confused.

'No' severus said coming up behind them. Severus moved away from harry silencing him. 'No' severus repeated.

'Severus.' Dumbledore said knowing this was his fate. 'please...' he whispered. Severus sucked in a pained breath, he hated this, he hated this so much. Harry stepped forward but lula held him to her.

'Avada cadavra.' Severus declared and Dumbledore went flying Bellatrix went to the balcony shooting off a spell, a skull appeared in the clouds as she screamed happily. Lula couldn't breathe. Harry was filled with rage as lula's grip softened on him. Severus and the death eaters Draco included all left, harry stood underneath terrified and angry, anger filled him. Draco was scared as Bellatrix ran across the table kicking the plates blowing out the candles with a wave of dark magic the window breaking the glass shattering in on the great hall, she skipped happily.

'Harry!' lula hissed as harry ran after them. she followed, confused and dazed but she followed.

'Snape!' Harry yelled 'he trusted you!' Bellatrix lit hagrids hut on fire

'You coward fight back!' Harry demanded but Severus reflected all the spells Harry threw at him Bellatrix stepped forward sending Harry flying backwards.

'He is for the dark Lord to finish.' Severus reminded her while harry was on the ground serverus started to walk away but Harry got up shooting out a spell at him. Severus again reflected it sending harry flying to his back miserably. Severus walked up to him threateningly

'You dare use my own spells against me Potter? I am the half blood Prince.' he informed him his eyes drifting to a very distraught lula, he couldn't bear to see the pain in her eyes, he turned away from her, walking away.

+++++++

Dumbledore laid dead before the students they had all gathered around Minerva held up her wand sending a little spark of light into the darkness above. The rest of the professors and students joined and everyone raising their ones up in remembrance of their dear friend and professor. The light and pain and grief filled the courtyard breaking through the darkness that loomed over Hogwarts.