Chapter 47

"goodbyes"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"Almost your birthday, excited?" My mom asked over the phone.

"Well, I would be if you would tell me if you're coming or not," I said as I sat down on the couch.

"It's a surprise, Andrew."

"So that's a yes?"

"No, that means either I will show up on the doorstep or you get like a cool basketball."

"Okay, fine. I guess I can wait until a few days."

"See was that so bad?"

"Yes."

"Look even if I can't go, you'll be with me in a couple of days."

"Two weeks and a half." I corrected.

"Yeah, I was just trying to make it sound a bit shorter." She said which made me slightly laugh. "Either way, we'll spend as much time we can when you're over here."

"If that's what you say."

"Okay well, I gotta get back to work, and make sure you say goodbye to Brooke."

I paused, it hurt to know that she was leaving but saying goodbye to a girl that broke a heart hurts even worst. It also probably doesn't help that I continued to avoid her.

"Andrew?" She dragged with a wary tone. "You better stop avoiding her and say goodbye."

"Who said I was avoiding?"

"Brooke."

"Oh." I slowly responded, "I forgot you two talk."

"Yup, look just say goodbye okay? Both of you should leave it on good terms." There it is with the motherly advice. "I have to get going, bye honey, and love you!"

"Bye and love you too mom," I concluded as we ended our call.

Then an irritating voice called as they walked in.

"Hey, Andrew I heard Dan's kid is getting another shot for the high flyers. Is that true?" My father asked as he walked into the living room.