Chapter 1

I woke up to hear Madonna song La isla Bonita playing on my alarm clock, The cold breeze of Autumn flew through my room which gave me chills down my spine

"Amelia, wake up your gonna be late for your first day of 12th grade." grandma screamed my name, I could smell pancakes coming from the kitchen already, they smell delicious.

I got up from my bed and quickly changed into a pink dress with a skirt that came with it.

I put on my makeup and put on a French beret, and raced into the kitchen for the delicious pancakes

"Here's your breakfast dear," grandma said when she putted my plate with pancakes and scrambled eggs. "I made your favorite just for you."

my grandmother is a Children's book author and my grandfather who works from home owns a successful company. So we were pretty rich. My two brothers Nathan and Issac were eating like pigs during a farm festival. "Boys, don't eat so fast please." Gram sighed as she cleaned up.

"Mmm, thanks Gram." I said cheerfully, as I sat down at the kitchen table. Grandpa  was hugging me tight as I eat and was bawling into tears.

"My little girl's all grown up!" he cried, he gets emotional at times like during the cheerleading contest when my team won first place.

"Grandpa I'm still 17, my birthday's not until March 12th" I said, I got grandpa's hands off my chest and wiped his tears. I love him but he can be a little too much sometimes.

I finished my food and got my backpack and phone, kissed my grandparents goodbye, did the goofy face with my brothers and head out the door.

I got out of my car and went face to face of the doors of my school. "You can do things Amelia, you been here for three years, so make your last year the best." I thought to myself as I heard towards the door

Petal rose high school was huge, there were students going up and down the stairs and talking to their friends about their summer. First day of my senior year I didn't know where to start,

"AMELIA YOUR HERE!" A familiar voice came towards me and hugged me tight, it was Betty my best friend since kindergarten. She was a redhead and came from a Asian family.

"Hey, I missed you so much, where have you been?" I asked, "I haven't seen you since summer on junior year!"

"Sorry, I have to go visit and my relatives in India and have to stay there for the summer, but I still missed you a lot!" She said.

"Hey I missed you too, now come on we can't be late for our first class of the day." I said grabbing her hand off my back, we both checked our schedules for today. We squealed with joy.

"YES!" Betty squealed, "We have the same classes."

"Well except for 7th period." I said.

Betty scoffed, "So, I always hated Math class. What matters is that we can be together for the entire day." I giggled

"Well raced you there." Betty, ran fast like a rocket I couldn't catch up, she was too fast.

"Hey wait, your going to fast for my legs to keep up!" I yelled, I was breathing really fast, Betty was really really fast so fast that she could hurt into someone, or I could hurt someone since I'm not looking where I was going.

 Seconds later, I bumped into someone and fell on the floor hard. So many books flew towards the ground.

"OMG I'm so sorry, I was in a rush I didn't see you there." She apologized as she was picking up her books. Her voice sounded like she was scared of something.

"Hey it's okay, I wasn't looking where I was going. as well" I said, I helped her pick up the books and handed to her. She looked familiar but I couldn't remember. Then it hit me.

"Hey Emily is that you?" I cheerfully asked, "I haven't seen you since 4th grade where have you been? she looked shocked but took a deep breath and said:

"Yeah, It's nice to see you again too. I moved to a different school and moved to a different apartment." She turned her face away with disappointment in her eyes. "Lot of things happened during that timeline.

She had brown straight hair that ends on her waist, dark evenly blue eyes with a tint of sky blue. She looked like she haven't slept in weeks or even months. She was wearing a black hoodie and with bandages on her hands.

 She was wearing a black hoodie and with bandages on her hands

(A/N, 6/26/2023, man that art is bad what's with the hair)

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked

"Oh umm, yeah I'm fine." She answered, she was still looking away, crossing her arms with her books tight, looking worried.

"You know, you can tell me or a trustable adult anything when something is wrong with you." I said to her. I am your friend after all.

"Um no, nothings wrong." She answered back, before I could say anything to her she ran right past me as if it was something really important.

"Amelia come on, you don't wanna be late!" Betty shouted from afar. "Coming!" I shouted back.

"Okay class, I'm Mrs Mack I'll be your homeroom teacher for the school year," Mrs Mack said, giving everyone's attention. "Today we have a new student whose coming back to 12th grade."

Everyone was pretty shock to hear that announcement, some of the classmates were talking about it and who's gonna be. I don't really care who he or she is but I'm sure their gonna be just fine in this school.

The door later opened and the room was filler with silence, she looked familiar, wait....

"Everyone," Mrs Mack said. "Meet Emily Macy.