The Hard Deck

"It's great to see you again," Coyote says, clapping his friend on the back.

"Same to you, never thought we'd back together here. At least not while we're still young pilots," Hangman responded, handing him a drink.

"I'd say I'm surprised we were both called back for this mission, but I'd be lying," Coyote says, gratefully accepting the drink.

"Come on, its been a while since you lost to me at darts,"

"Bet you can't make three in a row,"

A couple of minutes after they start playing, an older man walks into the bar, and watches for a moment as Hangman makes two bullseye.

Coyote holds his hand over his friend's face as he gets ready to make the third shot. He makes it effortlessly and highfives the other man's hand.

"Dude come on!" Coyote says astonished, "How do you even do that?"

"I'm just that good," Hangman responds with a smug grin.

"Alright, alright. Let's go play something I know I can beat you at," they walk to the pool table.

A round or so later, the bell rings as Coyote nudges Hangman just as he was lining up his shot. "Hey," he said annoyed.

"Look,"

Hangman looks up and sees Pheonix and the two men behind her, having not spotted Echo yet.

"What do we have here? If it ain't Pheonix," He says loudly, "And here I thought we were special, Coyote. Turns out, the invite went to anyone,"

Phoenix rolls her eyes. Echo walks out from behind her friend.

"Am I dreaming or is that you Patches?" Looking her up and down, with his signature grin.

"Yeah it's me, don't cream your pants," Echo responds, already tired of his bullshit.

"Fellas, this here's Bagman,"

"Hangman," he smiles.

"Whatever," Pheonix smirks, "You're looking at the only naval aviator on active duty with a confirmed air-to-air kill."

"Stop," he replies with a mock bashful tone.

"Mind you," Echo interjects, "The other guy was in a museum peice from the Korean war,"

Hangman shoots her a disinterested look. "Cold war," Coyote corrects.

"Different wars, same century," Payback responds, crossing his arms.

"Not this one," Fanboy adds.

"Who are your friends?" Coyote asks, gesturing to the two men.

"Payback,"

"Fanboy,"

"Hey Coyote," Phonix greets the man with a smile.

"Hey," he nods.

"Who's he?"

"Who's who?" She looks over to the quiet man brushing peanut shells off himself. He looks up at them. "When did you get here?" Coyote asks, surprised.

"Oh I've been here the whole time," he grins.

"Well, man's a stealth pilot," Hangman says to the group.

"Literally," Coyote affirms.

"Weapon's systems officer, actually,"

"With no sense of humor," Hangman notes. He glances at Echo before passing his pool stick to her and walks to the bar.