I hate this job

"I fucking hate this job."

You sighed and leaned back against the wall of the restaurant, keeping one eye on the only table you had at the moment. 

The couple sitting at your table were exactly as you'd last left them, cooing over their food and talking to each other in revolting baby voices. 

The only difference was that now the girl at the table had moved to sit on the same side of the booth as the guy, and each time you glanced their way, they seemed to be sitting closer and closer until she was practically on top of him.

Gross.

You looked away as the two lovebirds continued to cuddle as if the world around them didn't exist. As if other people hadn't been through an awful break up recently where you'd cried for days. And by 'other people,' you meant you. 

"I really hate this job," you repeated.

"Congrats." Jirou basically ignored you as she typed in her table's order into the computer. Her witch hat bobbled as she typed on the screen, the only costume piece she decided to wear tonight to work. "Glad you finally joined the rest of the world. Everyone hates working in the service industry, and yet here we are, yet again, tonight."

"I'm here avoiding my table."

"Why?"

You tapped Jirou on the shoulder, and when she turned away from the work computer, you pointed over to the booth where the couple was snuggled up together. The girl was in his lap at this point, and you felt like puking when you saw him hand-feed her a piece of bread.

"Oh." Jirou grimaced right along with you, both of you wrinkling your faces in disgust. "Yuck."

"Exactly."

"At least we have something fun to look forward to tonight after work."

"I'm not going."

"Yeah, you are."

"No. I'm not."

"Yes, you are. I'm not letting some guy keep you from hanging out with your friends."

"He's not just some guy. He's. . ."

What exactly was he? He wasn't your boyfriend anymore, that you knew for certain. Was he even a friend now? You'd been friends once before but now. . . Could you ever go back to being just friends? Would you want to?

"He's a moron for breaking your heart, that's what he is. So let's forget about him tonight. You are a queen, and a queen does not sulk over mere peasants."

"A queen, huh? Right now I'm not feeling very queenly. Right now I feel like I want to accidentally drop their dessert all over the happy couple over there."

"Sounds like queen shit to me. I've got some costumes you could try on if you need one for tonight."

"I already told you, I'm not going."

"You two! Get your asses over here and run these drinks!" Rumi shouted at you from where she stood behind the long wooden bar, her loud voice interrupting your thoughts.

Showing off her insane figure in a playboy bunny costume, complete with a white fluffy bunny tail and tall bunny ears, Rumi looked even hotter than normal, but her anger was just as hot and certainly nothing to mess with. Her eyes shot daggers at the two of you, but Jirou suddenly vanished, leaving only you to face Rumi's wrath.

"What's wrong with you? You didn't wear a costume," she said as you gathered the drinks on your tray.

"Didn't feel like it."