Ch 2. Crunchy

A/n - I didn't realize this book was going to get spicy, but here we are! 

When you saw the All Might costume, you knew it was him.

Music thumped through the air as you walked in, and the Todoroki mansion was already full of people in costumes, some you recognized immediately from the restaurant, and others you'd never seen before at all. But like normal, he stood out the most.

Anyone who was friends with your now ex-boyfriend knew that All Might had always been Izuku's favorite comic book character, so you weren't at all surprised that he'd dressed up like him for Halloween.

He dressed up like him for every Halloween.

The costume was complete with ridiculous blue and white pants and those dumb yellow boots. He still had that old, crunchy-looking blonde wig to mimic All Might's hair.

Izuku was standing near the grand staircase right in the middle of the Todoroki home's impressive foyer, surrounded by some of the hostesses from the restaurant, all of them crowding him and staring up at him with hearts in their eyes.

Gross.

At least this meant you could probably walk right by Izuku and go get incredibly drunk without him ever seeing you. This was the plan. 

As usual, luck was not on your side.

"Y/n!" Izuku shouted when he saw you, waving his hand in the air. "Hey!"

You gave him a little wave but kept going, fully intending to continue walking past him.

"Wait a sec!" he called out, leaving the group of girls to run up beside you, all of the hostesses glaring at you. "You weren't going to say hi?"

"You seemed busy."

"I'm just getting to know the new people at the restaurant. I feel like I haven't been at work in forever. There are so many new faces."

"Uh huh. Anyway, what do you want?"

"Just to talk to you. You haven't texted me in days."

"Because you broke up with me."

"You know I didn't want to, though, right? Between having a double major and being student senate president, I just don't have a lot of time. If I want to stay in the number one spot in the class, I have to prioritize school right now. You should be doing the same thing, you know. You need to be thinking about your future."

Until recently, you had thought about your future a lot. But every time you had imagined what the years ahead would look like, you imagined Izuku right there with you.

"I am thinking about the future," you insisted, but he gave you a look that said he didn't believe you. "I had a job offer tonight, actually."

Eyes full of suspicion, Izuku raised an eyebrow. "Oh really?"

"Well, an internship. But a paid one!" You made sure to add that last part.

He chuckled, reaching an arm around to pat you on the back, like a buddy, like a pal. "Good for you. See? I knew you could do it if you just tried harder."

You really wished you'd grabbed a drink before this conversation. 

"I'm going to school full time, and working almost full time at the stupid restaurant, making barely enough money to afford food and rent, but you think I should be trying harder?"

He sighed. "This is exactly why we didn't work as a couple. You're always so negative. You should smile more. Look on the positive side of life more often."