Chapter Seventeen

Fucking hell was an appropriate phrase to describe the sight in front of us

Fucking hell was an appropriate phrase to describe the sight in front of us. Gianna's apartment was completely trashed. As in, ruined to such an extent that I could barely even recognise how it had looked before it had been broken into. Cazzo di merda. I reached out an arm behind me, tucking Gianna into my side as I raised my arm holding my gun. My eyes scanned the entire apartment that had been turned upside down as I made my way over to what obviously seemed like Gianna's room. I kicked the door open with my heel before checking and making sure that it was safe as well. It seemed like whoever had done the damage had simply done it to fuck with our heads and had left.

"Grab your remaining stuff and we're getting out of here." I said lowly as my eyes found hers. "Now, Gianna!" I bit out as she seemed to snap out of her trance.

Her face was white as a sheet as she nodded mutely before grabbing a couple of things from her room. I could see that she was visibly shaken - anyone would be after seeing their house completely ruined - and while I did feel bad for her, I knew that it wasn't safe here anymore. She wasn't safe here anymore.

Within minutes, Gianna had another duffle bag ready as I grabbed it from her before pushing her in front of me, the gun still trained ahead of us. Once we were out of the door, I texted Luca my location and told him to send some of my men over to do a thorough check up of Gianna's apartment and see if they could find any clues as to who had done this. If my suspicion was right, there was one man that was behind this as well as last night's incident. Someone really was out to get me and I had intentionally put Gianna in the line of fire.

My eyes roamed around the entire apartment, my guard still up as I waited for someone to jump out and strike. But none of that happened as we made it down safely and out through the doors. My heart was thundering in my chest as I waited for something else to happen - it couldn't have been so easy to get out, after all. There had to be some kind of trap.

Nonetheless, it seemed like I would have to have a word with the security in this apartment building because it sure as fuck was shitty. Although Gianna tried to hide her fear well, I saw right through her. The slight shake of her hands and her tense posture told me all the things that words couldn't. Fuck. This shouldn't have happened - not under my watch. Though, at least the good thing out of this was that Gianna hadn't been home when the intruder had broken into her house. I didn't even want to think about what could have happened if I hadn't demanded her to stay the night at my place.

Suppressing a shudder, I pulled open the car door as I all but shoved Gianna inside before barking orders to my men that had arrived.

"Sir, is there any problem here? We -

I shot a glare at the receptionist that had come up to me, no doubt wanting to tell me off for the amount of men in black suits that were now surrounding the building.

"Not another word, woman unless you answer whatever questions my men ask you." I said in a low voice as her eyes widened in surprise.

"I'm sorry but I think I'm going to have to call -