Chapter 5: Revisiting His Childhood Home

Wintrev and Ethilne observe their surroundings as Thusura walks them to the hut where Wintrev's brothers used to stay. Wintrev showed his girlfriend the fields where he used to play with his brothers and sisters while growing up, along with Aronpho who joined them sometimes.

"Is it beautiful?", Wintrev asked Ethilne upon inspecting the fields.

Ethilne just nodded and smiled at him.

"As a child, my father and I would often spar with our lightsabers in the palace gardens which we still do to this day," Ethilne replied. "Sometimes, my twin brother and I used to play in the royal gardens as children. We were also admitted to good schools as children of nobility."

"Eh, with my siblings, it seems like the youngest, Laisara and I are the only ones who have studied," Wintrev added. "I trained as a Jedi while Laisara studied as a Republic pilot. Children in Lath are barely able to study and are just working for their own families. I'd really love to see her one day but she seems to be still studying at Coruscant."

"We're about to get there," Thusura said to them.

Wintrev smiled a little when he heard that they were about to reach the house he had grown up in, but when they arrived, his joy faded when he saw something that looked like a gravestone.

Wintrev knelt slightly to examine the stone. He saw the names of his late father, his mother, and his own name engraved, including the years of birth and death, in the stone. He also noticed that the year of his "death" was the year when they joined into battle at Esainoth. He burst into tears when he found out that both of his parents had died and was a little irritated when he saw his own name on the gravestone. It seemed that Wintrev wanted to pull the lightsaber from his belt to remove his own name from the grave.

Ethilne came over to calm her boyfriend down.

"Maybe, they didn't know that you survived Esainoth," Ethilne replied. "Be calm with your siblings first before you do something with the grave. They may know that you were really dead when they knew that you were gone for a long time."

Wintrev calmed down a bit when he heard his girlfriend's voice and stood up. Thusura then invited them to enter the hut.

Wintrev was surprised to find that his brothers were not on the farm but were inside the house instead. There were also two women in the hut and one of them was carrying a baby in her arms, sitting next to the brothers..

"Maybe the women are my sisters-in-law and the baby can be my niece or nephew as well," Wintrev thought. "I feel bad for Laisara now that she is the only one of our siblings who does not have a partner."

The woman with the baby waved at them.

"I'm Amyriy, Asheger's wife and this is our daughter Alideja," Amyriy introduced herself to the guests.

"So, the other woman is probably Joairvi's wife or girlfriend," Wintrev thought. "Fortunately, my niece was named Alideja. Otherwise, all of my nephews and nieces would be named Wintrev and Winter after me. I already have a nephew named Wintrev, Amemyra's son."

"My name is Amaydaya Haswit, Joairvi's girlfriend," the other woman added. Amaydaya' long hair was sandy brown in color and tied back, having the usual Lathese fair skin, and her brown eyes were lighter than usual. She was also wearing the traditional robes of a Lathese.

"Take a seat," Amyriy said gently to the guests as they sat on a nearby couch.

"I am Wintrev Legabeck, the older brother of Asheger and Joairvi," Wintrev replied.

"Her Grace, Lady Ethilne Dooku of Serenno, Wintrev's girlfriend," Ethilne said as she gracefully introduced herself.

"I am Thusura Lhom, Wintrev's former student and now Aronpho's Padawan," Thusura added.

Aronpho arrived just in time after the guests introduced themselves to the residents of the hut.

"Is this Wintrev?" Aronpho thought when he saw the male visitor.

"Master Aron?" Wintrev said as he saw Aronpho and embraced him.

"Wintrev is still alive!?!," Asheger muttered to Joairvi with confusion. Joairvi just confusedly nodded at his brother.

"The hut didn't seem to change since I left when I was only 11," Wintrev thought to himself.

Amyriy first handed Alideja to Asheger, who handed it to Wintrev when they started working. Amyriy and Amaydaya were working in the kitchen while Asheger and Joairvi went out for their farm work. Wintrev, Ethilne, Thusura, Aronpho, and baby Alideja were left in the living room.

"She's so cute," Wintrev said when he saw his niece.

"How are you related to child?," Ethilne asked Wintrev.

"She's my niece," Wintrev replied to Ethilne with a smile. "Her father is my brother Asheger. My niece really took after her father, especially with the hair."

"Where are both her parents," Ethilne asked.

"Ah, they're both busy at work," Wintrev said.

"Oh, Aronpho, do you know how my mother died? I really didn't expect that," Wintrev said.

"Your mother," Aronpho replied sadly. "She can no longer cope with the loss of your father so she lost the will to live because she really loves your father and you, who are their pride and happiness, are gone.

Your father, on the other hand, was killed in the Alderaan war along with the other three Jedi and his pet tusk cat. They were found the next day and their bodies were burned," Aronpho continued.

"Are there any of my father's ashes left that have been brought back here?" Wintrev asked.

"If that's the case, they would be blown off the wind, and Kenobi only went there to resolve the conflict there with the Banking Clan," Aronpho replied.

Wintrev thought that only his mother was buried outside and his and his father's names were just engraved on the gravestone due to them not being found.

"How long have they been dead?" Wintrev asked.

"It's been about five years ... They died almost at the same time," Aronpho told Wintrev with a sigh. Wintrev's eyes filled with tears at what had happened to the parents. Aronpho immediately calmed him down.

"Oh, my brother's competition is tomorrow. We have to go home early," Ethilne reminded.

"Alright," Wintrev replied. "I'll tell my brothers later."