Life's too short

Authors note:

u got the c!Kyle drabble, you got the c!Krow drabble, now it's c!Acho time babey.

It's short, but take this while I work on something special c:

___________________________________________________________

Life was far too short for grudges, and not many people seem to understand that.

Or maybe Acho was just far too forgiving towards people that they shouldn't have given a second chance to. 

Maybe they were wrong, and Kyle and Krow's irrational hatred for each other was completely fine and they were just to empathetic for a world that wouldn't return the favor. 

Krow once told them that the real world was far crueler then the one within these walls. Maybe it was right, but they would never know if they didn't see it for themselves. Kyle thought the real world would be far more merciful then the Maze, Acho didn't know who to believe.

They want to believe Kyle. Life's too short to think the glass is half empty.

Although, everyone thought of it like that nowadays. Hope drains out of everyone each moment they aren't out of this place. Not like many of them know what will be on the other side anyway, it's been years, maybe even decades. 

Who knows how much has changed from their fleeting memories. 

Graecie says she doesn't have anything waiting for her on the outside, but she keeps going because she knows that's what the people who would have waited for her would want her to do. They wouldn't want her to die here.

They hope someone is waiting for them.

Life's too short to not have people to spend it with.

That's why grudges shouldn't be held.

Acho would want to spend their days in the Maze with all of their friends. Everyone who still remains, they'd like to think of all of them as their friends, despite knowing most of them wouldn't feel the same way.

They know there's a large chance that they won't make it out of here alive. So they may as well use the time they still have with the people they still have.

Krow says it doesn't have friends, but it really means that it doesn't want them. Many people still alive would like to consider it a friend, although it would never say the same.

Empathy may not work in the real world, but it certainly works in the one they've all made up within this death trap. That's good enough for them.

They would choose forgiveness over grudges a thousand times over.

Life's too short to fill it all with negativity.

It really is hard not to, but they try, Magic and Graecie and maybe even Kyle sometimes tries and that's enough for them. A little bit of hope can go along way, around here.

 Maybe they're being ignorant, but in that case, it truly is bliss, and they would rather stay in that world.

Spidey told them that it's easier to not hope. She says it's how she's lived this long, and it's how she lived before life as they now knew it. That's the only one-on-one conversation they've ever had with Spidey, and they have no clue what prompted her to tell them of all people.

Maybe she's right. It's easier to survive without hope, but it's certainly harder to live without it. They all lived with hope, now they survive without it.

They're stuck in a state between survival and life, it's a odd place to be in. They wish for life to take their hand and pull them back into the real world Kyle spoke about. To see how amazing existence truly was.

They wish for survival to drag them down and make them cling to what they have and what they've lost all the same. So they have a purpose, something more to keep going for.

Life's too short to waste it all surviving.