1.5

Two days after the propaganda fiasco, Stevie, Don, Ken, Mick, and John were heading to District 8. Stevie was walking up to the hovercraft with Ken and she just shakes her head. "You had all of this and you just left the districts to fend for themselves?"

"It's not that simple Stevie, we barely survived we weren't in any kind of shape to retaliate. Yeah we could've bombed the capitol but they'd respond with at least twice the firepower. Then what? There would've been no one left to claim victory." Ken explains.

"Sounds exactly like what Lindsey said when you all called him a traitor." She spits. She was still salty about the whole situation.

As she bored the hovercraft, Mick puts his hand on her shoulder. "Quick introductions, Stevie this is Prince. In my opinion he's one of the best up and coming directors in the capitol."

"Yeah until I up and left. This is my assistant Glen Parrish, and our camera crew Sara Reckor and Jenny Boyd." Prince explains.

"It's an honor to meet you." Glen nods.

"Alright, let's get locked in." Ken states.

"So are you all from the capitol? Mick got you out?" Stevie looks at Sara after they were all buckled in.

"Don't expect much chit chat from Sara. The capitol cut her tongue our years ago." Prince informs her. "And no, it wasn't any sort of rescue we all fled on our own. For this, for you."

***

8 wasn't as bad as 12, but 8 was still pretty bad. As they landed Keith barked out, "It's gotta be fast, in and out. Mick and John were going to be watching from above while Ken led the charge down on the ground.

He walked them towards the hospital when a buff-ish man created them. "So you're alive then, we weren't sure."

"Stevie, Commander Richard Dashut Region 8. Stevie has been recovering but she insisted on coming out and visiting some of your wounded." Ken explains.

"Well, we got plenty of those." He leads them into the hospital.

Immediately Stevie felt awful. The minute they walked in the smell of rotting corpses and flies hit their senses. Stevie's hand finding her stomach the other finding her mouth. Her senses were heightened and while she wasn't riddled with morning sickness there were waves of nausea occasionally. Richard was quick to explain. "We have a mass grave a few blocks away, but I don't have the man power to move them. The hospital is passed that curtain. Any hope you can give them, it's worth it. The capitol has done everything they can to break us."

"Aren't you worried about having all of your wounded in one place?" Don asks out of the blue. Stevie just shoots him a look in response.

"I think it's better than leaving them to die."

"That's now what I meant." He shakes his head.

"Well, that's my only option. If you can come up with another I'm all ears." Richard tells them, he then sweeps a curtain open. "It's right through here."

The hospital itself wasn't much better. It was muggy, hot, packed to the brim. But it was at least bustling. There were nurses tending to patients and families gathered around. It was then that she turned to Prince.

"Don't film me in there, I can't help them." She tells him.

"Just let them see your face."

Stevie just nods and presses further into the hospital. As soon as people see her, they stop and stare. Nurses stop working, patients if they can, sit up slightly. It takes everything in her power to not break out into tears. She looks around and they're just staring at her in awe.