4.2

Stevie had been thinking long and hard about what had been said in the President's green house sitting at the table in her room, playing with her wedding rings. Looking at Lindsey's artwork when a knock came at her door. She looked up as Don walked in. She hadn't seen him since the bombing either and she was honestly kind of glad because she didn't really want to see him either. She had the inkling that it was his bomb idea that killed her sister and even if President Iovine was lying - she didn't think he was. He was right, there was absolutely no reason for him to bomb capitol children.

"President Johnston wants you." Was all Don said and Stevie scoffed.

"You never came to see me."

"I wanted to but..."

"Was it ours? The bomb...the delayed explosion? The trap? To draw more people in. Was that you?"

"I don't know. All I know is, that I was supposed to take care of your family. Now I'm sorry that I couldn't."

"You can't protect anyone in an arena....Goodbye Don." He knew and she knew that their friendship was over and there was nothing he could do to salvage it. Now instead of Iovine being blamed for all of her problems, Don had a part in it.

***

Despite her mood after dismissing Don, she made her way to the meeting room where Karen had called her. When she walked in she saw a room full of Winners and almost immediately her skin started to crawl. Carol Anne, Eudora, Jane, John, Mike . But, Lindsey was also there. As she walked in, every single person stared at her.

"What's this?" She asks crossing her arms over her chest.

"The remaining Winners. Won't you join us?" Karen motions to an empty seat. Stevie shrugged and made her way to the chair and everyone slowly sunk down into their seats. She was sat though extremely spread out between Lindsey and John.

"I have invited you all here for several reasons, but first I have an announcement. I have taken the burden and the honor of declaring myself interim president of Americana."

John scoffed and cleared his throat. "Interim? Exactly how long is that...interim?"

'We have no way of knowing for certain but it is clear right now that people are far too emotional to make a rational decision. We'll plan an election when the time is right....But I have called you all here for a far more important vote. A symbolic vote. This afternoon we will execute Iovine. Hundreds of his accomplices also await their deaths. Capitol Officials, Guards, Torturers, Game makers. But the danger is, once we begin the rebels will not stop calling for retribution. Thirst for blood is a difficult urge to satisfy. So...I offer an alternative plan. Majority of four may approve it no one may abstain. The proposal is this. In lieu of these barbaric executions, we hold a Symbolic Games." They all knew what that meant. John put the glass he was drinking out of down. Lindsey shifted uncomfortably, and Carol Anne started laughing.

"You want to hold another Games with capitol children?"Carol Anne asks.

"You're joking." Lindsey states.

"Not in the slightest." Karen shakes her head.

"Is this Mick's idea?" John asks.

'It was mine." Karen admits. "It balances the need for revenge with the least loss of human life. You may cast your votes."

"No." Lindsey blurts. "No, obviously not this is crazy."

"Well I think it's more than fair. Iovine has a granddaughter. I say Yes." Carol spits.

"So do I, let them have a taste of it." Eudora speaks up.

"You guys, this way of thinking is what started these uprisings." Lindsey tries to be the voice of reason like he always is.

"I vote no with Lindsey." Jane shakes her head. "So would Tom if he were here."

"Well he's not. Because Iovine killed him." Carol retorts.

"No." Mike states. "We need to stop viewing each other as enemies."

"It's down to Stevie and John." Karen sighs.

"I get to kill Iovine." Stevie glares.

"I expected no less of you." Karen nods.

"Then I vote yes. For Robin." She was concocting a plan that was most defiantly going to get her killed.

"John?"

John looked at Stevie and the two made eye contact. She was speaking to him with her eyes and he knew deep down that she had a plan brewing and he needed to go along with it. He didn't know what the plan was but there was no way that he could back out of it.

"I vote yes. With the Dove."

"That carries the vote. Excellent. We'll announce the games tonight after the execution."

***

Stevie had made it back to her room and she grabbed her wedding rings. She thought about taking them off but she hesitated because she didn't know what was going to happen this weekend and in the events that she did in fact die, she wanted to die with her weddings ring. Her symbol of unity and marriage with Lindsey that had been threatened several times.

It was about time for her to start getting ready for the execution and a knock came at her door. She gulped and opened it and gasped.

"Margi!"

"Hi dear." Margi smiles weakly. She looked like she had been starved but other than that she was unscathed.

"I didn't...you're alive!" Stevie gasps pulling her into her arms.

"I am...now Chrissy and I have to get you ready don't we?" Margi holds up a bag.

"My suit." Stevie sighs.

"Yeah, your suit."

After Stevie was dressed and Margi was fixing some small marks and rips from her many adventures in that suit, Christine was brushing her shoulders.

"Well, it's bound to be quite the show." Christine sighs and then she stares at Stevie in the mirror. "You look lovely as ever...Just beautiful."

"Now, finishing touches." Margi smiles walking away and coming back with the Dove pin.

When both Christine and Margi's backs were turned she opened up the palm of her hand and grasped at the Bella Donna pill. She was going to do something life changing today and she really didn't want to live with the consequences. And she also kind of wanted to be with Rhiannon but that wasn't the main reason as to why she doing it.