The Stranger

Karen rolled into the bar. Her circuits were fried and wheels worn down. She was tired. Tired of everything. She was tired of the chum, the shiny metal walls, the secrets she knew she would never learn. She was tired of the bucket. She was tired of Plankton.

"The usual?" the bartender said. He was a tall blue jay with stripes of white, and bold black eyes. He stood in front of her and leaned his arms on the counter.

"Something stronger Mordecai" she said and the green line on her face grew still. Today had been extra hard for her. She had woken up to see that her husband had made a new wife, Karen 2.0. She had a slender physique and instead of green her screen flashed a red line. She was to replace her.

Mordecai brought over two shots of tequila and set one down in front of her, and the other in front of him.

"What did he do this time? did he use you to try to get the formula again?" he asked and had a soft but angry frown on his face.

"No," she paused. She took a deep breath and gulped down the shot. "He made a new wife"

While she said that Mordecai was in the middle of drinking his tequila. He spit it out, getting her covered in alcohol.

"HE DID WHAT?" He shouted and his frown turned into a scowl. He gripped the counter with enough force to turn his wings a lighter blue. Karen was shocked. She had never seen Mordecai so upset, especially over her and Plankton.

She was about to say something but then the doors to the bar flew open. A short dog with green fur walked and stood in the doorway. Every eye in the bar was upon him. He stayed still for a second, and then walked up to the bar, sitting next to Karen. Mordecai looked at Karen in the eyes, and reluctantly went to serve the dog.

Karen could not take her eyes off of the dog. He was stunning. And on his back was a gleaming silver zipper. She knew he was something special.

"Gimme your finest waffle!" he said to Mordecai. Mordecai turned to the kitchen. Karen was touched by those words. They were simple and elegant. While she was thinking, she didn't even notice him turning to her.

"GIR!" he said to her. He has large but beautiful eyes and a cute tongue that stuck out of his mouth.

Her heart skipped a beat. His name was beautiful. Everything about him was beautiful.

"Karen. That's my name" she looked at him. the green line on her screen shivered a little bit.

When Mordecai came back with GIR's waffles, Karen was already in a deep conversation with GIR. Mordecai looked at him with wrath but Karen didn't notice. All she noticed was GIR. Once the waffles were placed in front of him, he ate them quickly.

"So GIR, I have never seen you before. where are you from", Mordecai asked.

"SPACE!" He said.

"Wow! That is very interesting!" Karen exclaimed! Every word he said made Karen question her life. Why did she even love Plankton? He had no way with words like GIR. He was violent and GIR was soft. Plankton cheated, but even though she just met him, Karen knew GIR would not.

Mordecai cleared his throat and turned to Karen. His dark eyes captured her attention. Now instead of being in a world of GIR, he was all she could focus on. He had always been there for her. He was always so sweet and listened to her when she ranted about Plankton. He cared about her. He always did.

"So, Karen. I got tickets to the Rick and Morty Musical. I have an extra one, if you want to go." he spoke softly to her.

"I would love to go Mordecai!" She exclaimed! She had been wanting to watch this musical for a while. Right when Mordecai was about to speak he was interrupted by GIR.

"Tickets! I have too!" He exclaimed. Karen was excited.

"REALLY? Will you go with us GIR,'' The green line across her face moved with great emotion. While she was happy, Mordecai was far from that.

"Actually GIR, I was hoping it would be just me and Karen." He glared at GIR. GIR glared back and the room seemed to go quiet. Karen grew nervous from the tension. She didn't like to see them argue.

"Guys! GIR can go! He is our friend after all!" She said. Both Mordecai and GIR looked at her in shock. and silence followed yet again. Finally after what seemed like an eternity, they both nodded. Mordecai went back to his work, and GIR to his waffles.