3. Queen Of White Lies

Inspired by the song of The Orion Experience <3

Some cooking fight-off was going on the TV while you were scratching Stephen's head that was lazily laying in your lap. With a book in his hands, he was not paying attention to the TV, but neither were you.

This was one of those peaceful moments where you let yourself relax and not worry about tomorrow. Alone with a man you love, you felt at peace.

"Did they burn the buns again?" Stephen asked in a sleepy voice.

"Hm? What buns?" you ask puzzled.

"The buns. The TV?" he points to the screen without taking his eyes off the page.

"Oh." you get back to your senses and for a moment you look at the scene on the TV. "Oh yeah, again."

"You all right? You seem to be distracted a lot lately." he says and finally looks at your face.

"Yes, yes, of course. Just, you know, thinking," you say as your hand now slides along his clean shaved jawline.

"About what?" he pretends to be focused, but your hands once again proved to be a great distraction.

"Us." He closes his eyes and hums at your answer.

"Us? What exactly about us, darling?"

"Our future." you say, and he opens his eyes and sits up. The sudden action causes the book to fall to the ground, and you slightly flinch at the sound.
His hand touches your face and a rough thumb caresses your soft cheek.

"You want to plan a future with someone like me?"

"Yeah, is that so hard to believe?" you smile. He always thought so little of himself, especially when it came to the love sphere.

He huffs a laugh and pulls you into a hug. "You know that you're the queen of white lies?"

"Oh? If I'm the queen, then I want you to rule the kingdom of lies with me" your smile is bright, and he feels as if you lit up a whole room with it.

"Well, we can team up and beat that attitude out of Mordo, for starters. Then, we can leave New York and go somewhere nice, maybe visit Europe?" Stephen's tone is playful, you see a glint in his eyes.

"I hope you do realize that we both can open portals to any place?" you tease back.

"It's more fun to travel in a packed plane with babies not shutting up the whole flight," he laughs.

"I'll travel with you even to the end of the world, Stephen Strange." you admit.

He kisses you. Not passionately, but sweetly, putting his love into the kiss. His eyebrows knit together - your lips taste like chocolate and coffee, so sweet, so unique and just so you.

"You know, I really like the name," you say, as well the two of you finally pull apart. "Queen of White Lies."

"Don't tell y/n," he says in a whisper, almost stopping himself from smiling like a fool, "but I stole that from a song."

"Don't worry, I won't, King of Fools, I won't tell your secret lover." you laugh, also knowing exactly what song he was referring to.

He put his head back into your lap and glances at the TV again. Two guys were fighting for their lives with the lobsters.

"They are definitely going to lose." you laugh, hands back again in his hair, slowly messing it.

"Oh yeah, just wait till Ramsay sees this," he grabs your hand and slowly kisses each of your knuckles. The sweet moment between the two of you lasts shorter than you wanted, but long enough to be engraved in your memory forever.