22. The River Of Dreams

You wake up, with a man lying in the bed by your side. The temperature in the room is quite chilly, and your bare legs feel like blocks of ice. You turn to the person beside you, who apparently has stolen half of the blanket from you. You blow out some air, frustrated, and harshly pull the covers back to yourself. A groan is heard, and as you tuck yourself back in, the figure turns to look at you. Lazy smile dancing on his lips, eyes still half closed.

"You thief." he says, reaching out to rub your arm that was resting on the covers.

"No, you're the thief, I almost froze in here." you answer, snuggling into the covers more. He lies on his back and fixes his hair a bit. The silver sides in his dark coal hair flow through his fingers smoothly. You scratch his shy beard underneath the lower lip, hand resting on his chest a moment later. He was more of a mustache guy.

"What are we up to, today, my dear wifey?" Stephen asks, pulling you close to him.

"Saving world perhaps? Or going to that festival in the city?"

"What festival?" he asks, now interested in what's happening. Smart and a know-it-all, Stephen was a helpless cause in ordinary deeds of the world.

"The festival of Lights. Haven't you heard of it?" you lean on your elbow and look at Stephen, not believing that he didn't know.