𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE | THE WAR ZONE
"I can still feel him. I'm still marked. Cursed." Briar and Lucas began to shake their heads.

"No, Max. You aren't going to do that. I promised Billy. There has to be a different way." Max shook her head, sighing as she crossed her arms.

"I ditch Kate Bush, I draw his focus back to me." Briar shook her head, about to say something when Lucas spoke up, the boy clearly against his ex girlfriend doing anything that could get her killed.

"Max. You can't. He'll kill you." The Mayfield girl argued, telling him she had survived before, and she could survive again.

"I just need you guys to keep him busy long enough so that you guys can get into that attic. Then you can chop his head off. Stab him in the heart. Blow him up with some explosive Dustin and Bo can cook up. I honestly really don't care how you put this asshole in his grave. Just... whatever it is... whatever you do... try not to miss.

..........

"Check this out. The war zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh, well, uh, killing things, basically." Briar stood next to Eddie, leaning up against him with her right hand resting on his left shoulder.

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there? Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"We'll, lucky for us, it is, so. This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of the main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops, and, uh, angry hicks." Briar chuckled as she listened to the boy talk.

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we should go to some store called the War Zone." Briar smiled as she nodded her head, agreeing with her younger sister.

"She's got a point."

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk." Everyone began to agree before Dustin sighed, Briar turning her attention towards the Henderson boy.

"But is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back." Eddie smiled and chuckled, asking the boy who said anything about bikes.

"What? You got some car we don't know about?" Eddie slowly began to stand up, as Briar turned around to watch the two boys, leaning back against the table.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but, uh, it'll do. Hey, Red. You got a ski mask or a bandana, something like that? One for me and one for Bo?"

..........

"What the fuck is that Max?" Briar sat on the couch laughing as Max walked out of her room room with a Michael Myers mask and a red bandana. Briar immediately asked for the bandana, not wanting to wear the stupid looking mask. "Eddie, if you don't let me have that bandana, I swear." Briar looked at Eddie, who gave her a smirk as he walked over to Max, taking the Michael Myers mask from her.

"Only for you, Bowie." The girl smiled as Max handed her the bandana, the girl tying it over her face before Max handed her a pair of glasses. "Let's roll." The nine began to walk out of the trailer, Eddie leading everyone as they ran through the trailer park, running up to a trailer with a man and woman sitting outside of it. The boy slid open the window in the back, throwing the tools through before pulling himself in. Eddie quickly turned around and helped Briar up and through the window, letting everyone else figure out how to get themselves through. "That was suffocating."

"You're telling me." Briar quickly took off her bandana and glasses, standing behind the front seat where Eddie began to pull out the wires from under the wheel.

"Where'd you learn how to do this?" Eddie sighed  as he cut the wires.

"Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot wire." Briar moved over to sit in the passenger seat. "Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon grand theft auto. So, uh, I'm really living up to the Munson name." Briar frowned as she got up from her seat and moved to the back, sitting on the seat on the side of the rv, her younger brother and Max already sitting in the very back.

"Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving."

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker. Harrington a got her. Don't ya, big boy?" Briar snickered as Eddie started the engine, the people who owned the rv now banging on the door, making Eddie run to the back where Briar was sitting.

"It's just a car. Everybody, hang on to something!"

"Drive, Steve! Drive!" Eddie held onto the couch with one hand, his other arm wrapping around Briars waist. The rv suddenly lunged forward, Eddie falling back into Briar as the owners chased after them.

"Shit, they look pissed."

"Well, it's not everyday you lose your house and car in one swoop." The rv moved fast, swinging back and forth, Briar being uncomfortable with Eddie on top of her with the way she was sat. Finally, the rv was on the road, Briar fixing herself under Eddie so he could lean comfortably against her, his back against her chest with her arms wrapped around him.

"You okay, Bo?"

"Never better."