Chapter Eight - "It's Me Or Him"

Muichiro's pov

As me and Tanjiro walked home we talked and laughed about some stuff when I realized what I wanted to ask Tanjiro. It was about today, I wanted to ask if I did something wrong or if something happened that made him distanced himself from me until lunch.

Muichiro : I wanted to ask you something.

Tanjiro : What is it?

Muichiro : I wanted to ask if I did something wrong or if something happened. It's just that you've been acting little odd since morning a-and you h-haven't been talking m-much so I was a b-bi-

My voice was getting faster and I stuttered more and more by each word I said before being stopped by Tanjiro.

Tanjiro : You did nothing wrong. There are just some things that... nevermind. Let's just not talk about that.

He said with his voice getting quieter by the end. I just nodded and looked down without saying anything more.

-----

I sat on my bed with my back resting against the wall while having a pillow between my stomach and legs. I scrolled on my phone, bored out of my mind. I was thinking if I should text Tanjiro if he wants to hangout again. I hesitated for a second before finally texting him.

One hour passed and I did get a notification, but instead of notification from Tanjiro I got notification from someone else. It was Genya.

Genya : Hey it's me, Genya. I was wondering if you want to maybe hangout? I am quite bored and we don't really talk to each other at school.

"How did he get my number?" I thought.

I didn't know how to answer. It's the same with Tanjiro. What if he gets bored? I can't even properly talk to him.... but it could end up good like with Tanjiro... I can get a better friendship with him... or it'll end up even worse than I am thinking...

Muichiro : Hi, sure but I just want to inform you. I am really bad at talking which you probably already know... where I am going with this is. I don't want you to waste your time or just be bored with me.

Genya : Don't worry about that, I already planned where we can go so I am sure none of us will be bored.

Muichiro : Okay then. So where will we meet?

Genya : In front of school? In 20 minutes?

Muichiro : Sounds good.

...

Yuichiro : Where are you going?

Yuichiro asked me while I was putting my shoes on.

Muichiro : Outside, with a friend.

I said smiling.

Yuichiro : Tanjiro?

I shook my head.

Muichiro : Genya

Yuichiro's eyes opened wide as he came closer to me. He grabbed me by my shoulders and almost yelled.

Yuichiro : You're not going outside with that pervert! You didn't hear what he did!?