Chapter Eleven - Disconnected

Tanjiro's pov

"Tanjiro! Someone is calling you!" My sister yelled out before throwing my phone at me. I catched it and yelled out "what the heck Nezuko!" "Just pick it up! It's so annoying" She yelled out and walked to the room. I rolled my eyes and picked up the phone.

Tanjiro : Yes?

Yuichiro : God, what took you so long?

Tanjiro : That's none of your business, what do you want?

Yuichiro : Are you doing something important now?

Tanjiro : no?

Yuichiro : of course you're not

Tanjiro : shut up and get to the point.

Yuichiro : Fine, go out with Muichiro and take him anywhere so he won't think about what happened 24/7. All he does is stay in his room.

Tanjiro : Oh sure I'll go out with him but why can't you do something too? He's your brother and you're not trying to make him feel better whatsoever.

Yuichiro : I tried, okay? I talked with him but I suck at comforting and when someone is sad or worse crying I don't know what to do. I am just worried that I would just mess up like always. Our uncle is at work from early morning to late evening so he can't do much either. I mean, it's good for you too, am I right? You can get closer to him.

Tanjiro : What do you mean?

Yuichiro : Let's just say that I am in class with your sister and we had a small talk about you and Muichiro. Out of nowhere she started talking about your feelings towards Muichiro.

Tanjiro : Oooh- haha well-

What the heck am I supposed to say-

Yuichiro : I guess I don't mind but you make him cry once and you are done.

Tanjiro : Saying you

Yuichiro :.... I am done with your ass

Yuichiro then ended the call. I laughed slightly and called Muichiro. It took him a while before he picked up.

Muichiro : Hm?

Tanjiro : Hey Muichiro, I was wondering if you want to hangout? It has been a while since we have been outside with each other. We can get some food and then watch a movie or something at my place.

Muichiro : I don't know...

Tanjiro : Come on! It'll be fun!

Muichiro :... fine.. when?

Tanjiro : Let's go now and we'll meet at our usual spot?

Muichiro : now?

Tanjiro : Yes, now, is there a problem with that?

Muichiro : N-No... not at all

-------

10 minutes later, Muichiro and I met outside and decided to go get some food before going to my house. As we walked I couldn't help but look at him the whole time. He looked so anxious... he kept looking behind him like he thought he was being followed by someone.