0.3

𝟎

𝟎.𝟑 - 𝐎𝐡, 𝐈 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩...

𝘏𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘛𝘚𝘓𝘈𝘉𝘠𝘜𝘓 𝘋𝘖𝘙𝘔 [𝘒𝘐𝘛𝘊𝘏𝘌𝘕] - 𝘕𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛 𝘛𝘐𝘔𝘌

🔖

The sound of packaging tape ripping echoed through the empty kitchen of the Heartslabyul dorm with the distanced welcome party chatter outside as background music.

In the middle of the red kitchen was [First Name] with the box, on the table, in front of them.

They reached out and opened the box. Are they gonna make me into a walking bookstore? [First Name] let out an exasperated sigh. These materials will probably last for at least ten years!

Although slightly annoyed for the overly excessive gifts, [First Name] was  grateful. The rest of the Rabbits did not forget them and made an effort to send gifts even if they didn't come home ever since the dark horse came to pick [First Name] up.

Their eyes danced through the velvety and printed hard covers of the journals to the inks, fountains and ballpoint pens—there were also snow globes and pocket watches inside— Until the bundle of letters caught their eyes.

The package was full, they didn’t come home for the holidays after all. Though half of the letters were probably from Powder—their twin brother— and that guy can’t really shut his nimble mouth up.

[First Name] graced their fingers on the pastel letters, too nervous to peek at what's written inside.

No, they were not anxious about Powder’s weird ramblings about time and their supposed future or their parents’ worried paragraphs. But rather, to their elders’ ranting on how they and their intellectuals were not improving at all and how disappointed they were to [First Name] not being able to be more like their twin brother.

Their grandparents and some great grandparents may be the kind to smile and give gifts but all of it was to exchange with something they want.

They almost forgot how and when it happened, [First Name] just woke up one day and became inferior to their twin in the eyes of their elders.

Inhaling for a breath of bravery, [First Name] reached for one of the letters then flipped it.

From Gram Paul Vforon Rabbit, The neat cursive writing on the back of the envelope said.

Their face turned sour. Of all letters, this was the one they randomly picked. [First Name] groaned in frustration.

Gram Vforon was the one they always dreaded seeing and talking to. They would constantly avoid him, even if they both live in the same house, and that’s what they’re doing this past holiday.

This certain elder could not stop nagging them into doing something beneficial to whatever they claimed to be an honor and [First Name], ever since they were a child, could only wish to drink a strange liquid from an even stranger canister to grow tall and squish Paul Vforon into fine powder with their foot— or rather just chomp on the mysterious 'eat me' cookie from a delightful chest and make themself small enough to escape their Gram's and the other elders' eyesight.