Etiquette & Expectations

As with any Wattpad profile, we ask that you please adhere to Wattpad's Code of Conduct when participating in Bootcamp Mentors initiatives

As with any Wattpad profile, we ask that you please adhere to Wattpad's Code of Conduct when participating in Bootcamp Mentors initiatives. We have shared a few of our expectations as a kind reminder. We'd love to see everyone putting their best foot forward when engaging here and in our Discord server.

💖     💖     💖

👉Please do not use the Bootcamp Mentors profile or BCM's Discord server to spam your stories or encourage vote trading. We have created a #share-your-links channel on the server specifically for sharing story and social media links. For our NaNo Bootcamp initiative, you can share your NaNo WIPs in the #nano-wips channel of our Discord server or the comments section of our NaNo WIPs chapter.

👉When joining the Discord server, include your Wattpad username in your Discord name. For example, Ben Barnes (barneyontheblock) or Ben - barneyontheblock. It doesn't have to be a specific format, as long as your Wattpad username is recognizable. This builds trust and makes it easy for people to look you up on Wattpad.

👉This community is meant to be a safe space where topics are discussed in a respectful manner. Please keep conversations PG-13 and be considerate of your fellow writers at all times.

👉Be careful with speech that could be misinterpreted. We regularly engage with folks from different cultures and backgrounds who may be offended by certain remarks. We encourage you to reread your comments before posting them.

👉Many discussions revolve around stories that have been written or are being written by your fellow Wattpad users. As such, an environment of trust has organically grown among the Bootcamp Mentors community. Please be conscious of plagiarism when considering any information you take away from your engagement here and on the Discord server. If you feel you have been a victim of copyright infringement on Wattpad, you can submit a report to the Policies and Safety help center.

👉Please be patient when asking a question. We are a global community and time zones vary greatly. We will reply to you as soon as we can.

👉When asking for feedback, please be sure you are prepared to receive constructive criticism. If we weren't looking to improve our writing, we wouldn't be here. Likewise, please construct your feedback with careful thought and deliver it with kindness.

 Likewise, please construct your feedback with careful thought and deliver it with kindness