I | Chapter 1

Dear Hannah and Liam,

I understand this letter will never reach you, but I hope that someday it will. There are so many things – adventures – that I wanted to share. Most of which you wouldn't believe me, of course. After all, none of it was real – they're fiction. We used to imagine ourselves in and talk about non-stop as teenagers.

But what if I told you that it was all real?

Perhaps you think of me insane. I used to think that at first, but if you had been there, seen what I saw, and experienced what I had, you would have laughed and cried.

Are you still doubting me? I don't blame you. Maybe I'm getting too ahead of myself here.

Let me start from the beginning...

Once Upon A Time —

Haha, joking. You should have seen your faces.

It all began with the fall of an evening star –

Third POV

All was quiet across Middle Earth as if the world was holding its very breath – waiting.

Man, elves, dwarves, hobbits, and other creatures, big and small, go about their ways unaware of the suspense of a prophesied celestial phenomenon only known to few.

One of which stood upon his balcony with eyes of mercury staring into the cloudless skies before him as evening turned to night.

"Hir nin Elrond."

An older man in grey robes with a long beard and a pointed hat appears from the shadows, his wooden staff clicking on the flagstones at his approach. Elrond remained undisturbed at the grey wizard's arrival, his sight dwelling upon the stars appearing in the night sky.

"Valar nall na ammen, Mithrandir."

Tearing his gaze from the celestial bodies, Elrond turns to his old friend. "I sense it is coming."

"And so we shall answer the call," Gandalf replied with a subtle nod, his weary yet undoubtedly sharp blue eyes drawn to a shining star in the west, its light growing unnaturally brighter with each passing minute.

"For Destiny awaits us all."

From the western skies of Middle Earth, a falling star steadily approaches the world's surface. Its bright beacon tears through the atmosphere as its tail bursts into a kaleidoscopic aurora across the starlit night sky.

Astonished by such a phenomenon, many inhabitants across Middle Earth stood frozen as they steadily watched the shooting star approach their lands, the aurora borealis dancing in its wake. Then suddenly, the world trembles for a split moment as the star crashes onto its hard surface, landing in the northeast fields of the Angle nearby the Ford of Bruinen, where a group of armored elves and a wizard rode past with utmost haste towards the fallen star.

However, it was not just any star that fell that fateful night.

It was Destiny.

Gandalf POV

Ahead, Gandalf could see a giant crater spread across the grassy field. Its crater was thirty feet wide, with loose boulders littered about in the dirt and wisps of polychromatic cosmic energy floating around what seemed to be a human figure lying still at its center.

Hopping off their horses, a group of armored elves surrounded the crater's perimeter with spears at ready, pointing toward the central figure.

"Hold your positions." Lord Elrond exclaimed to his unit as Gandalf swung off his horse.