IV | Chapter 2

Camp Lehigh in Wheaton, New Jersey

A week after the Stark Expo, Destiny was assigned to Camp Lehigh. From inside one of the cabins, Destiny gets ready for the day as the sound of soldiers shouting and engines running echoes outside.

Today is the day when recruits will arrive. Looking at herself in the camp mirror, Destiny ensured nothing was out of place. She glances over her wavy dark brown hair tied neatly in a bun and her military agent uniform until stopping at the sight of hazel eyes staring back at her. The irises flashed briefly from amber to multicolored hues before returning to their original color.

With years of practicing her ability to cast illusions, Destiny became proficient in maintaining her original mortal appearance before she became immortal with white hair and prismatic-colored eyes of the universe. After all, she wouldn't want to grab too much attention and deal with people questioning her appearance and identity. That would be troublesome, and she does not want to repeat that mistake this time, especially in a mundane world.

"Agent Starr," a feminine British accent, called outside her cabin door. Without a knock, Peggy Carter entered in the same outfit as Destiny and adjusted the SSR pin on the collar of her green khaki blazer.

"The new soldiers are here," Peggy said, straightening the pin for Destiny. "There. Now, you're all set. Now let us go before the recruits go rampant."

"Wouldn't want that." Destiny chucked, following her fellow agent and best friend outside the cabin. The two agents headed to the training field where a line of soldiers with helmets waited, the atmosphere filled with testosterone and loud, excited banter. Amongst them, a familiar, short, slim figure caught her eye. There he is. If it weren't for his stature, she would have to look under their helmets just to find him like all the rest.

"Recruits, attention!" Peggy shouted, snapping the recruits to attention as they stood straight in a row. A man followed behind us, carrying a box of clipped forms needing to be signed by the recruits.

"Gentlemen, I am Agent Carter, and this is Agent Starr," Peggy announced as Destiny nodded to the men. "We supervise all operations for this division."

As her friend made introductions, Destiny walked down a line of recruits, helping the man hand out the clipboards. Pausing before Steve, she winked, giving him a clipboard. "Glad you made it."

Cheeks tinted slightly pink, Steve grinned. Suddenly, trouble sounds drew Destiny's attention away as one of the recruits down the line decided to be cocky to Peggy.

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria?" The recruit asked in a Boston accent. "Thought I was signing up for the U.S. Army."

Destiny scoffed at his attitude—cocky bastard.

"What's your name, soldier?" Peggy asked, and the cocky bastard smirked.

"Gilmore Hodge, Your Majesty. But you can call me Gil," he replied with a wink. Destiny glared at him.

"Step forward, Hodge," Peggy commanded. He complied.

"Put your right foot forward." And he did. Destiny smirked to herself, knowing what was about to happen. Oh, this should be good.

"Mmm...we're gonna wrassle? Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like," he said with another wink. On cue, Peggy punched him in the face, making him fall back on his ass. Destiny laughed while the other recruits, including Stev, chuckled. Served him right.

"Agent Starr! Agent Carter!" Destiny heard Colonel Phillips shout from behind. The two said agents swiftly turned around, saluting his approaching figure with Dr. Erskine trailing behind him.

ℂℝ𝕆𝕊𝕊ℝ𝕆𝔸𝔻𝕊 𝕆𝔽 𝔻𝔼𝕊𝕋𝕀ℕ𝕐 (𝕖𝕩𝕔𝕝𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕤𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕜 𝕡𝕖𝕖𝕜)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें