PROLOGUE: Scrambled thoughts

You groaned loudly, a slight painful pounding in your head. It just BANGED and BANGED.

The banging only continued, as you slowly pressed the balm of your hand against your knee.

"Ugh.." You groaned once more, only a little quieter.

You slowly opened your eyelids, the feeling of the corners of your eyes burn. It stung.

The sound of an air vent breezing just above you is what finally made you start to look around the area.

As your vision slowly fixed itself, your eyes widened at the unfamiliar, yet unsettling setting.

A room.

An.. office?

It did not look equivalent to any other room you've seen in your life, that's for sure.

There were two doors, with two buttons, along with a giant desk in front of your seat. The desk had a bunch of disturbing shit on it.

You just shut your eyes tightly, and rubbed your eyelids. The banging in your head was still as painful as it was when you just woke up.

You continued to rub your eyelids, as you then tried your best to recollect your memories.

Okay.

Okay..

What happened?

Well, I remember driving home from work, and it was dark, because I had to stay in late;

The engine roared as you turned the wheel, and slowly got yourself out of the parking spot.

You hummed the tune of the song playing from your radio softly, as you made your way out the parking lot.

I remember getting home,

You locked the car door, and (a bit tiredly) made your way towards the apartment building.

Nobody was at the front desk, as you walked in, so you just went straight to the elevator.

and making it inside.

(Pet's Name) greeted me.

You closed your door, and quickly locked it, as you then threw your keys on the bed.

The feeling of your furry friend rubbing against one of your legs, as you took your shoes off.

You just scoffed playfully, and bent down to pet them. They purred at just the touch of their owner's palms.

I remember skipping dinner,

You took your jacket off, and rested it on the door's built-in coatrack. Your stomach growled almost immediately.

You just winced silently, looking over at the bedside mini fridge.

It didn't have anything in it though, and you knew that, so you just shook your head and sat on your bed.

You laid down. (Pet's name) only hummed, as they jumped onto the bed, and snuggled against your empty stomach.

and I remember going to sleep...

..

...

So what the hell am I doing here?

You thought, as you opened your eyes back up to look around again. And it was almost as if the surroundings had gotten more disturbing.

Everything looked a lot darker than before, but that just might by your vision messing with your mind.

That was when a familiar sound finally broke the sound of the air vent's breeze.

A phone's ringing.

You looked around for a second, only to see a phone on the desk. You slowly sat up and walked towards the desk.

Well, not walk-

The pounding in your head was still there, and apparently it's hard to walk when your brain wants to punch itself.

So... you technically you wobbled to the desk, but you still made it there.

You then picked it up and put the receiver up to your ear.

"..hello?"

"Hi!"