(5): The hours pass by

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(P/N) = Pet's Name
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The air was cold in the dark room, the only sound accumulating from the darkness being snores.

Those snores happened to be coming from you, a big ball that laid on the bed.

(P/n) laid on your body, as you snored tiredly. They slept much more quietly and peacefully than you were.

It was so perfect,

too bad it was quickly ruined.

A small device appeared on the bedside table. It was shaped like an egg, with a little speaker on it.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING!" That same jolly voice echoed from the speaker.

(P/n) immediately jumped, and whipped their head around the room, until their eyes landed on the device.

You only groaned, as you turned around, away from the speaker. "WE WHOO! WE WHOO! WE WHOO!" Unfortunately, the yelling from the device wasn't enough to wake you up..

..

...

".. WAKE UP!" A harsh voice then echoed from the speaker, sounding irritated. You only groaned in your sleep once more.

Thankfully though, the volume was enough to jolt you awake. You basically screamed, and tore your head off of the pillow.

You looked around the room frantically, hyperventilating a bit from the shock. "Ah! You're awake!" That egg's voice spoke in that jolly tone once more, making you turn to the device.

"Huh?" You picked up the device, and looked at it. A chuckle was heard from its speaker.

"Good morning, friend! I hope you're getting ready soon, our play date is in one hour!"

You only groaned in response, gently rubbing your eyes tiredly. "It sure sounds like it!"

"Mmmmmmm-" You mumbled, as you then tossed the device at the foot of the bed. It didn't fall off though, to your demise.

"You better be ready in one hour!" His jolly voice spoke one last time, before the device then audibly turned off. It sounded like he put his hand on the microphone before turning it off.

You stood from the bed, and slowly went to stretch. Your back popped in the process, along with your neck.

A muffled groan escaped past your lips in the process. The popping just felt good, especially since it's been a while since you stretched.

The sound of (P/n) yawning caught your attention for a quick second, so you pet them. They purred against the palm of your hand.

"Good cat," You chuckled, as you then walked over to your suitcase, that happened to be on the floor next to your bed.

Your apartment was too small to have actual furniture, like a dresser, but that was mostly because they wouldn't be able to fit through the door.

The only furniture you had was a normal table to keep some stuff on, and a bedside table with a small lamp on it.

So you just kept all of your clothes in your suitcase.

You opened it, and just stared for a couple of seconds. The idea of what the hell you're gonna wear for a play date with an egg is messing with your head.

You just can't picture any proper outfits, other than a casual outfit. I mean, it's not like you're gonna dress formally for a goddamn egg.

So with a quick exhale from your nose, you grabbed some casual articles of clothing from the suitcase and quickly closed it.

(P/n) meowed as you then began to change in front of them. It was like they were saying 'why do you gotta always do this in front of me?'.

"Well, there isn't a bathroom here, so you just gotta suck it up for now," You chuckled in reply to (P/n)'s imaginary dialogue.

And when you finally got the clothes on, you turned to (P/n). You looked over at them, as they licked their paw. "Good?"

They then turned to you for a few seconds, and let out a small, but quick meow in response.

You just lightly exhaled through your nose and grabbed your dirty clothes from the floor. You just tossed it on the floor next to your suitcase.

I'll find a way to wash it later. You thought, before then grabbing your hairbrush, and your small hand mirror.

(P/n) just meowed, the sound of their paws hitting the floor was soon heard, as you brushed your messy bed-headed hair. They then rubbed against your leg.

"What?" You asked, and they meowed loudly in response before quickly walking away. You just put the brush and hand mirror down and watched (P/n) stop at their food bowl.

They meowed, and hit their food bowl while staring at you. "Oh shit!" You then hit your head gently, and swiftly walked over to the bowl, and grabbed the big bag of food next to it.

To be honest, even if you didn't put the food in their bowl, they would've just ripped the food-bag open. They are fully capable of fending for themself.

They even learned how to open the apartment door, which was terrifying for you; since the building you lived in didn't allow pets.

You set the bag back down after filling the food bowl. (P/n) then chowed down on the cat food, humming in response. You just stood back up.

You looked down at your watch.

Goddamn. It's only been 10 minutes. You thought, looking back up and around your room.

"What the fuck am I gonna do-" You blurted out randomly, before your eyes soon landed on the door.

There wasn't any light in the door's side cracks. You then walked over to the door and slowly opened the it.

Honestly, you entirely weren't sure what you were expecting.

Obviously not your apartment hallway, because of that egg's voice coming from that stupid device.

Maybe you expected 'the whiteboard' from last night? But you surely wasn't expecting a normal, dimmed hallway.

It had the same star pattern on the wall from the egg's building. The stars on the wall seemed to light up the hallway.

"Um-" You squinted, and slowly leaned in through the doorway.

You then looked around, only to see a couple other doors next to yours. They had stickers on them, but they weren't really visible from the angle you looked at them from.

"Hello?" You called, not really expecting a response from anyone. And you were right to expect that, because nothing happened.

(P/n) meowed again from the inside of your room, making you look back. They were already walking towards you, as they licked their lips.

"No, no, you stay inside," You lightly pushed them away from the doorway with your foot. They meowed in response.

The last thing you want is (P/n) getting lost in the new building, or being eaten by that beaver, or that Eyesaur creature.

You continued to push them away from the doorway, as you then walked into the hallway. (P/n) put their head in the crack of the doorway and meowed.

"No," You said, gently pushing the small cat's head back in and closing the door.