Detention

The first few classes of Advanced Potions went by smoothly, the end of the day fast approaching as the last students came. Harry spent his time writing furiously, taking down notes of all the new ingredients and recipes that Severus was teaching the 6th and 7th years. Harry was enjoying the familiarity of being in a learning environment, but he was a little distracted.

Harry was feeling very nervous by the end of the day, Severus had been watching him in a way that he couldn't decipher. It was almost as if Severus was trying to sneak peeks at him, hoping he wouldn't notice.

Severus felt like an idiot, he couldn't stop staring at Harry. Watching him take over the class like he'd been doing it for years, how charismatic he was being with the students. He's so full of himself, the students fawning over him...such a brat!

Harry unbuttoned the top 3 silver buttons of his shirt, fanning himself. The heat from the front row cauldrons was getting very hot. "Cool down the heat before you burn your Potions! Only 20 minutes left of class, cool down and clean up you'll be graded on your final product."

The girls giggled as they finished up, whispering to their partners while they did the last few steps.

Severus raised a brow at the behavior of his students. Maybe I'll get lucky and the heat will melt their brains. He thought to himself, catching a glimpse of Harry's chest, beads of sweat rolling down his skin.

Harry felt like he'd melt into a puddle, pushing the bangs off his face. "Snape do you want to finish the class or shall I?" He asked, walking up to Severus's desk.

Severus put his scroll and quill down, walking over to the desks. "Everyone finish bottling the potions, and then you are to write down every ingredient you used." He walked down the middle of the desks.

Harry took his cloak off, folding it up and placing it on the chair he pulled off to the side. He unbuttoned the cuffs of his shirt, rolling the sleeves up.

Severus was use to the heat from being a Potions Professor for so many years, so it barely had any effect on him. "Sloppy!" He snapped loudly at one of the boys in the back, smacking his hand down on the desk. "Write it again!"

Harry came back up to the front, finally feeling some relief from the warmth of the room. "Everyone hand up their work please! You are to study the first 5 chapters of the advanced text, write a brief synopsis of what you learned today on high grade healing potions. The best paper will win a bottle of Professor Snape's healing potion."

Excitement erupted through the class of students, everyone rushing to hand in their finished assignments for the class.

Severus glared at Harry making a decision without asking him first, but he had too much to clean up to make too much of a fuss. "Out of my classroom! Hand your things in and get out! Be early for your next class!"

The students slowly left out the big stone door, leaving a rather big mess behind.

Harry shook his head at the desks covered in powdered ingredients and forgotten chopped pieces of dragon liver on the floor. "Even I never made a mess like this." He scrunched his nose up at the smell of the mess, taking his wand out to start a cleaning spell.

"Detention Mr. Potter!" Severus growled from his front desk.

"What bloody for?!" Harry asked.