The Demons awaken

A young man woke up and looked at the time. He rubbed his eyes and got out of his bed.

Kairi: If I can get ready soon, we can make it to school on time...

???: Big brooo! Come down! I'm hungry!

Kairi: Okay Haru, I'm coming!

Kairi got dressed, then put on a belt with a large and bulky buckle.

The boy went downstairs to where his brother was seated, at the couch and watching television

Haru: It said that there was another Spacequake earlier this morning, it sounds scary.

Kairi: Yeah, they are. Anyway, I made Neapolitan spaghetti for me, and Omurice for you. Don't go eating it before lunch, okay?

Haru: H-hey! What's that supposed to mean?!

Kairi: Don't act like I don't know you, little brother. Also, speaking of knowing you......

Kairi took out a single magazine featuring an attractive female model.

Kairi: Some pages have been very cleanly cut off, specifically, the ones with swimsuits on them. Got anything to say?

Haru's face turned red as he struggled to come up with words.

Haru: I- um- well........

Then he sighed with comical tears.

Haru: Ugh..... I'm sorry big bro..... I just can't help it..........

Then Kairi sighed as well.

Kairi: I'll let you off with it, I mean, you are fourteen now, so I suppose it's natural, but next time, ask. Got it?

Haru: Okay.......

Kairi had just finished making lunch for both of them. Then, they both went on their way to their new school.

Haru: Hey, big bro?

Kairi: Hm?

Haru: Do you think another one of those things might appear again?

Kairi stayed silent.

Haru: Huh? Big bro?

Kairi still said nothing for a moment. Then he responded.

Kairi: How would I know?

Haru: Do you think they have something to do with the Spacequakes?

Kairi: Maybe, it's possible.

Haru then put a hand on his brother's shoulder with a smile.

Haru: Even if one comes again, then don't worry! I'll protect you!

Kairi smiled a bit.

Kairi: Yeah, because you're strong.

Kairi patted his brother's head. Then, they arrived at their school and stood outside the door, waiting for their teacher, Okamine, to let them in.