007‚ visiting

THE KILLER
007 visiting
written by -ORSON

THE KILLER007 ┊visitingwritten by -ORSON

I didn't catch up with Barry yesterday

I don't know if I wasn't fast enough or if I purposely slowed my steps, but all I thought about was the last time we saw each other. The kiss that we shared. The kiss that almost led into something more but my ex-boyfriend interrupted. How I blamed the whole thing on Barry when I was just as involved.

I didn't chase after Austin but my dad did come into my room that night just a couple of minutes before Barry left. I made up a lie to why Barry ran out angry, but my dad knew. He could always see right through me, he just never pushed.

I pull my orange sweater over my head and then reached on the bed grabbing my light-washed shorts. My phone on my nightstand ringed before I could pull up my shorts.

I sighed and walked over to the loud phone, putting one leg through my shorts as I did. I stopped and grabbed the phone bringing it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Maria, It's Helen."

I gulped and pulled the phone away from my face, letting out a large sigh before bringing the phone back to my ear. Why was she calling? Did she finally want to talk?

"Helen. Hi, how are you?"

"I-I'm fine, Maria."

There was something off with the way she was talking. Her voice was trembling and she sounded as if she wanted to cry.

"Are you alright, Helen? What's happening?"

"It's Barry. He's in the hospital."

Me and Julie walked out of the elevator in a hurry, pausing when we spotted a policeman. Julie's widen eyes met my nervous ones.

I haven't been the same since that night. And now the note that was hidden on my sock drawer, so that my mother wouldn't find it, was making me even more paranoid.