Lost: Chapter 1

"Lost"
Chapter one

I woke up in the midst of nowhere, seeing the horizon, confused about everything.
I mean, I can't remember anything even a single thing. All I can recall in my mind is that I am just a high school student, just an average one.

As I'm starting to feel myself I can barely smell the emptiness of my surrounding. I gaze around but all I can see is nothing but sand, full of sand while up above is a clear sky.

That's when I realized how quiet the place is. I can't hear any voices around me, nor any common sounds like a sound made from a running bicycle, a total different from my daily life waking up around seven in the morning with birds chirping outside our house.

There's nothing else I can see but only myself and this silent environment.

I then started to roam around hoping I will find someone who can tell me 'bout what happened lately.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!"

Eventually I saw someone from afar that keeps shouting, it is a girl. She's running towards me holding a sharp object.

I was shocked and somehow confused about this happening when I found out she was already so close to me but I was able to block her hand and pushed her down.

Now I am in control. She's resisting my body but she failed.

I can feel how weak she is.

"Aaaaaaaaarggh!!"
"Enough with these killings!!"

"Who are you?"
"What are you talking about?!"
I asked.

The woman then cried. I saw her eyes. I saw something that I can not explain. There are pain and sadness. I can see how scared she is.

"Look, I do not know what you are talking about."I replied.

"Kill me! I would rather die than suffering this thing!" The girl shouted.

"Look, the moment ago I woke up alone in the middle of nowhere when suddenly you came shouting! I don't even know this place! I can't remember a thing!"

"Then if you aren't one of them, who are you?!" She replied.

"I can only remember one thing about me."
"I'm just a student." I said.

''If you're telling the truth how can you prove it?!" She asked again.

"Just, eh. Just look into my eyes! " I replied.

Our eyes met. I saw her weak eyes.
A few moments passed. I slowly released my hands off her.

"Then you're just like me" She said.

"What do you mean 'like you'?" I asked.

"Maybe that was a week ago when I also woke up and found myself in the middle of this unknown land. I was too confused. I wasn't able to cope myself up immediately. Yesterday, as I wandered the place I saw a man far away from where I stood maybe that was few meters away. He looked into my eyes. I saw him saying something I didn't hear when suddenly I noticed someone walking towards him. I saw him talking to the man. I know he was also confused. The man act normal then what happened next surprised me!!"

"Why? What happened?'' I asked.

"The man changed herself into an unexplainable creature like what we saw on television in fictional movies. Something like aliens! Or maybe a robotic one! I saw it with my naked eyes! The woman pointed a sharp object unto him!! The man tried to run but it was too late !! The creature killed him! " The girl shouted with fear in her eyes.

"Can you remember what happened before you got here?!" I asked.

"Uhh? Eh-uhm. There's no other thing I can remember!" She answered.

"Even a few details?'' I asked again

"Oh, uhm. The last thing I remembered before waking up in this place is that I was in an orphanage. I do not have parents.'' She replied.

We talked things about what we remember before we found ourselves lost in the middle of the dessert to the least as we could.

There is something happening and we don't even know what it is. This is bad.

"We should go around and maybe we'll find another one like us."

"You'll let me go with you?" She asked.

"What do you think I am saying?" I replied. "I don't have any choice but to let you go with me. There's a greater chance of survival if we'll be going together. So, do you want to go with me?" I replied.

"Uh-okay. I'll go with you. It seems like I do not have a choice too. Let's figure it out! "She exclaimed.

I smiled. As I looked into her eyes, I can feel she was telling the truth about her innocence. I'll put my trust on her.

We shared some basic resources we had good thing she was able to gather some.

The place is so isolated. We were surprised when we saw few buildings that seems to be too old.

There are still few resources inside these buildings like batteries and medkits.

While we we're busy gathering some, we suddenly heared a loud noise coming from outside. It's like a sound of some mechanical movement.

"Did you hear that?" She whispered.

I nod.

"Let's finish this quick!" She added.

"Shh. It's coming this way. Be quiet." I whispered.

We finished gathering things. I took a peak from the window.

I saw with my own eyes, an unknown creature with a mechanic machinery attached on its arm! Urgh! Its body is totally undescribable! Its body are full of blood! I can see it through the way it move, it's looking for something! Or maybe someone!

"What is that thing!?" I asked her.

"That's like the one I saw before!" She replied.

"We better get out from this place!" I exclaimed.

I grabbed her hand and run as silent as possible towards the back door but as I look back in the window. The creature disappeared!

"This is bad!"
"It vanished!"

"What now??!" She asked with fear.

"Th-the creature,, it dis-"

I'm about to tell her something when suddenly we hear this great sound rushing towards us

"Uggghhhhh!"
"Run as fast as you can!!" I shouted.

- - - - - - - - -