Day 4 : Parting

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

"𝐼𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑣𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒,
𝐼'𝑚 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒,
𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑦 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒,
𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑦 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒."

-𝑋𝑛𝑟𝑦𝑧

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

Home.

One may say theirs is a house, some say it's their loved ones like friends and family.

It's both for Choi Han.

Cale Henituse is his home, how those thin arms will embrace his larger figure to give comfort and how the redhead is always there for him.

A house with a Cale-nim is home.

The feeling of belonging somewhere is such a nice experience albeit it was a fleeting one.

"Come home safely, alright? I'll wait."

Indeed, Choi Han will come back home no matter what it takes if it means he can be in the arms of his lover again.

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

<3rd day of drifting>

"The communications are secured, though the lower engines still suffered damage due to the asteroid."

Choi Han fiddled with his hands, a picture of a redhead can be seen.

"I don't know when will be the time to find a stable connection, but I hope this records will reach the HQ in time."

Tap. Tap. Tap. Hold. Hold. Hold. Tap. Tap. Tap.

"I guess the rations would suffice for a year. I just hope that they would send rescue in time."

Choi Han closes the camera, a sigh escaping his lips.

"This is Cale Henituse, he will be your new Commander in the main base."

"I am Choi Han, Captain of the Research Team."

The redhead nods, "Pleasure to work with you Captain. Please take care of me."

Choi Han smiles, "Likewise, Commander Cale."

"Cheers!"

The sound of distinct screaming and clinking of mugs resounded through the small bar, several people laughing as they drank to their heart's content.

"To our new Commander!" Alver screams, his face in a visible flush of red.

"To Cale Henituse!"

The redhead raised his mug, an annoyed look etched in his face, "For my retirement funds!"

Just as he said that, he drank the beer in one go making Alver snicker at him.

Choi Han is amused at how laid-back their new Commander is, though this is a new and nice experience for the raven.

"I will slack off after this project..." Cale murmurs and Choi Han heard it.

"For my slacker life!" The redhead suddenly screams, making Choi Han jolt in his seat.

"Ay! YOU WON'T GET IT!" Bud Illis says, the Administrator of their team.

The mug that was previously in Cale's hand flew directly to the blue-haired man's face.

<12th day of drifting>